EP player looking for CP player

Post requests for head to head play here.

Moderator: MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

Hakmeister

EP player looking for CP player

Post by Hakmeister »

Excellent game. I'm interested in playing against the CP if anyone is up for it. My preference is for a 1914 campaign game. I can manage 1-2 turns most nights. I do take vacations, but they are seasonal. Please post here or PM me if interested.
Jon
JJKettunen

RE: EP player looking for CP player

Post by JJKettunen »

If you don't have an opponent already, I could play you.
Jyri Kettunen

The eternal privilege of those who never act themselves: to interrogate, be dissatisfied, find fault.

- A. Solzhenitsyn
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Yep - me too if you fancy two on the go!
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Hakmeister

Post by Hakmeister »

Since you are the first response, set up a game and let me know what the password is. I'll check back later today.
Jon
Hakmeister

Post by Hakmeister »

Two games sounds good to me. I might try two different strategies. Start the game and let me know the password. I might even try an AAR - I've read yours. They convinced me to purchase the game. It's even better than I expected.
Jon
JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

I'll set up a game with password "goodyear". Cheers!
Jyri Kettunen

The eternal privilege of those who never act themselves: to interrogate, be dissatisfied, find fault.

- A. Solzhenitsyn
JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

And beware: warspite is actually a multiplayer bot, designed by the Lordz Games Studio! [X(]
Jyri Kettunen

- A. Solzhenitsyn
JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

Hakmeister, for your information, I've tried to log on to our game several times, but all I get is the infamous zlib error. I will retry later.
Jyri Kettunen

- A. Solzhenitsyn
Hakmeister

Post by Hakmeister »

Warspite, if you read this, let me know what happened. I can't get a playback of the end result of the game. The file doesn't show up.
Jon
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Hakmeister

Warspite, if you read this, let me know what happened. I can't get a playback of the end result of the game. The file doesn't show up.
warspite1

I surrendered - you don't get a playback in that circumstance. Congratulations on the victory.

Hakmeister

Post by Hakmeister »

Thank you. You had Russia beaten to her knees. I wasn't certain the Russians would hold out as long as they did. It was all I could do to delay, delay, delay. Fortunately, I fared well in the west and against the Turks. It was a very tough fight. I learned quite a bit from our game. I look forward to another opportunity to play against you.
Jon
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Thank you. You had Russia beaten to her knees. I wasn't certain the Russians would hold out as long as they did. It was all I could do to delay, delay, delay. Fortunately, I fared well in the west and against the Turks. It was a very tough fight. I learned quite a bit from our game. I look forward to another opportunity to play against you.
warspite1

Me too - I have four games that stubbornly refuse to go away [&:] my opponents are proving very slow....

As soon as they are done I will let you know.

Hakmeister

Post by Hakmeister »

Keke - I was forced to update to version 1.30 by the game. You may have to do the same. I'm not certain what impact that will have on the game.
Jon
JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

Keke - I was forced to update to version 1.30 by the game. You may have to do the same. I'm not certain what impact that will have on the game.

Ok, let's see.
Jyri Kettunen

- A. Solzhenitsyn
JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

France and Romania surrendered!
Jyri Kettunen

- A. Solzhenitsyn
Hakmeister

Post by Hakmeister »

Yes they did. Italy was about to surrender, and it looked like Britain was going down as well. I was surviving until that update. I'm curious as to what changed. I'll have to wander about the forum to see what all the changes were.

Very good game. Well played. I submitted a surrender for the Allies. Given the circumstances, it was clear the war could not go one for me.
Jon

Return to “Opponents Wanted”