SUPPLY RULES NOT IMPLEMENTED

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

operating

SUPPLY RULES NOT IMPLEMENTED

Post by operating »

Capital City Supply Rules: Are not being implemented in MP matches, as is printed in the CTGW manual pages 58 and 59. What this does is restricts a player of strategy, at the same time it gives an opposing player an advantage, by not having to abide by Supply Rules, it's an unfair situation according to the printed rules. SP games have ALL the rules implemented concerning supply, including the Capital City rule, that units within 30 hexes are in full supply, those beyond are at half-supply.

All supply rules should be implemented or programmed into MP matches.

Attachments
ctgw_1399290373.jpg
ctgw_1399290373.jpg (187.96 KiB) Viewed 723 times
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
operating

RE: SUPPLY RULES NOT IMPLEMENTED

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: operating

Capital City Supply Rules: Are not being implemented in MP matches, as is printed in the CTGW manual pages 58 and 59. What this does is restricts a player of strategy, at the same time it gives an opposing player an advantage, by not having to abide by Supply Rules, it's an unfair situation according to the printed rules. SP games have ALL the rules implemented concerning supply, including the Capital City rule, that units within 30 hexes are in full supply, those beyond are at half-supply.

Example of distance to Capital Cities.

Attachments
ctgw_1399290392.jpg
ctgw_1399290392.jpg (230.33 KiB) Viewed 723 times
operating

Post by operating »

Example of distance to Capital Cities.

Bagdad would have a better chance of defending if the supply rule was in force.

Attachments
ctgw_1399290402.jpg
ctgw_1399290402.jpg (188.18 KiB) Viewed 723 times
GreyDonkey

Post by GreyDonkey »

It is now a year ago since the last post. So would like to ask if this has been implemented in the meanwhile? I think this will have a direct impact on my current running games.
Best wishes,
Kettengeist
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: Kettengeist

It is now a year ago since the last post. So would like to ask if this has been implemented in the meanwhile? I think this will have a direct impact on my current running games.
Yes, I'm pretty sure the supply rule has been fixed in MP, the supply rule (30 hexes from capital) always worked in SP.
GreyDonkey

Post by GreyDonkey »

Thx for your quick response. Nice to know. This reassures me.=)

p.s. this forum here seems to be visited more frequently than the slitherine forums. i think i will focus my attention here.
Best wishes,
Kettengeist
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

probably something different but somehow related:
In my last MP I had a British infantry which disembarked adjacent to Izmir on the western coast of Turkey. The city was still controlled and occupied by a Turkish garrison. Still that invading infantry beachhead remained in supply for some turns.

The unit stood also adjacent to the port hex of Izmir but as already mentioned the city still was Turkish.

Any idea what happened there?
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: Rongor

probably something different but somehow related:
In my last MP I had a British infantry which disembarked adjacent to Izmir on the western coast of Turkey. The city was still controlled and occupied by a Turkish garrison. Still that invading infantry beachhead remained in supply for some turns.

The unit stood also adjacent to the port hex of Izmir but as already mentioned the city still was Turkish.

Any idea what happened there?
By any chance: was there an E fleet next to your disembarked unit? If so, that fleet (only surface fleets can do this) keep the adjacient land unit or units in full supply.
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

Can't tell but probably this was the case then, good to know. Thanks!

Return to “The War Room”