opnn (CP) vs operating (E) finished

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

nehi

RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active

Post by nehi »

ORIGINAL: operating

ORIGINAL: nehi

Anytime I hear nehi suggest something, that is the bell telling me to go the other way..!![:D] nehi, your unbelievable..!!

but u r beliavable, all the time saying something about im just talking and not doing aars, but when i offered u can taste both, u just fall back

Oh great! You want to do an AAR providing I do all the work...!! You are funny..!!

double sided aar, that means twice as good as your alone

or me alone, i dont really care, same portion of work anyway

u should stop guessing what im thinking [:D]
operating

Post by operating »

at least now u r sure about cities/ports have LOS
NOPE..! I'm going to ask opnn what he saw and how he saw it? Then I will give you a definitive answer...OK...? The only thing is; I have not heard from him all weekend..[&:]

nehi

I get what opnn says overall, but he included the part about having a zeppelin in range (which I know is true, experienced it myself). My thinking is: If there was no zeppelin handy then it might be possible for city not to see a transport after it has moved and stopped (becomes invisible as opnn mentions).

Attachments
ctgw_1488344686.jpg
ctgw_1488344686.jpg (248.26 KiB) Viewed 557 times
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
nehi

Post by nehi »

but if understand it right, it doesnt say anything about whats seen or unseen when there is no unit in the city

i just dont believe cities/ports have useless LOS which is no doubt there when the hexes are empty, as i showed u on screenshot from ai game, there was no FoW

what should be its purpose then?

i guess u have to chose its hex to identify it, but unit is there and noticable
operating

Post by operating »

but if understand it right, it doesnt say anything about whats seen or unseen when there is no unit in the city

i just dont believe cities/ports have useless LOS which is no doubt there when the hexes are empty, as i showed u on screenshot from ai game, there was no FoW

You are close to understanding the situation, you need to pay close attention to the first question I posed to opnn, which to my understanding he answered to the best of his knowledge, if there is an alternative I'd like to see "it" and "it" be verified.[;)]

If opnn does not mind, I will conduct another test during our match to see if another situation is possible. What is learned here is for everybody to learn, not to keep as a secret only to myself, such as some players know, but do not want to share, even though the answers are right in front of all player's noses..[:)]..
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 30

Italy

opnn is continuing to press the attack and has advanced further into Italy.[:(] I'm more concerned than ever he will breakthrough and shatter my units, he managed to tag my Italian artillery for a 5 strength loss, forcing the artillery to withdraw and repair. Another Italian garrison showed up by Florence and many other units repaired. I believe besides the French balloon support that other English balloons by Paris pitched in to try and suppress the AH offensive. You can see that CP airpower is taking hits and likely will have to repair. If successful this offensive could possibly win opnn the war..[X(]

Attachments
ctgw_1486936687.jpg
ctgw_1486936687.jpg (440.63 KiB) Viewed 557 times
nehi

Post by nehi »

You are close to understanding the situation, you need to pay close attention to the first question I posed to opnn, which to my understanding he answered to the best of his knowledge, if there is an alternative I'd like to see "it" and "it" be verified.[;)]

If opnn does not mind, I will conduct another test during our match to see if another situation is possible. What is learned here is for everybody to learn, not to keep as a secret only to myself, such as some players know, but do not want to share, even though the answers are right in front of all player's noses..[:)]..

i just dont believe there is something like 2 kinds of LOS, at least i dont see point in it
operating

Post by operating »

OK, here's what I am talking about on a slightly different angle: Placing a transport next to a enemy "non-city" non-occupied hex(s) to see if the same conditions exist as what opnn observed with a non occupied city hex.. (1), to see if a non-city hex has LOS (2), To compare if the city hex and a regular land hex have the same LOS (3), Also to see if enemy air has any input on what's there (if air is present or not).. (4), To watch and see if there is any reaction noticeable to the transport maneuver. (5), The only variable to this test would be if enemy subs or surface fleets are close enough to spot the maneuver, or where the transport stopped, which would negate the test.
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 30

Constantinople

This capital is surrounded, cutting off full supply for I believe for a radius of 30 connecting Turk hexes. That's why the Gallipoli Fort SG is at half supply and likely any other nearby Turk units will be in the same state of half-supply. The Constantinople SG is down to a strength of 4 and fatigued, it could to a 7 during turn change, the Gallipoli SG is at a 6 strength, but can only repair to a 8 because of half-supply, plus SGs cannot move when at half-supply. These cities should fall soon. The only other Turk capital is at Bagdad, too far away to be of supply help here. I could move my Russian sub or surface fleet to near Constantinople port but is dangerous waters because of the green dots..

Attachments
ctgw_1486936704.jpg
ctgw_1486936704.jpg (369.48 KiB) Viewed 557 times
nehi

Post by nehi »

OK, here's what I am talking about on a slightly different angle: Placing a transport next to a enemy "non-city" non-occupied hex(s) to see if the same conditions exist as what opnn observed with a non occupied city hex.. (1), to see if a non-city hex has LOS (2), To compare if the city hex and a regular land hex have the same LOS (3), Also to see if enemy air has any input on what's there (if air is present or not).. (4), To watch and see if there is any reaction noticeable to the transport maneuver. (5), The only variable to this test would be if enemy subs or surface fleets are close enough to spot the maneuver, or where the transport stopped, which would negate the test.

thats completely different, because empty hex has no LOS over sea... cities and ports have los on sea, both at my screenshot from north africa visible

im lost in your toughts, whats the problem u set transport just nearby empty city and ask opnn if he is seeing it or not? not sub nor aircraft to negate the test
operating

Post by operating »

thats completely different, because empty hex has no LOS over sea... cities and ports have los on sea, both at my screenshot from north africa visible

im lost in your toughts, whats the problem u set transport just nearby empty city and ask opnn if he is seeing it or not? not sub nor aircraft to negate the test
I'll let you know the results of the test "Matrix Trooper"...[:D]
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 30

Erzurum

Two missions going on here: 1, To capture Mosul and 2, To cut off full supply to the Turk strong point west of Erzurum. I'm not sure if opnn is aware of the supply rule connected with capital cities, if he is not, he will find out fairly soon, then his main army here will be that much easier to break down in combat, plus his cost for repairs will go up. The job of the 2 armored cars by Aleppo is to chew up Turk owned hexes, not so much for combat..

Attachments
ctgw_1486936738.jpg
ctgw_1486936738.jpg (362.98 KiB) Viewed 557 times
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 30

Basra

Sent a armored car on a mission to see if my opponent had abandoned or rather disbanded the SGs at Basra and Kuwait (obviously he did not). This unit is now out of supply and can not be replenished, so simply went on the attack, each time this unit attacks a city the city losses 1 PP towards it's next turn. Even though I will lose this unit through damage and attrition it will at least have accomplished something physical besides intel. [8D]

Attachments
ctgw_1486936770.jpg
ctgw_1486936770.jpg (324.32 KiB) Viewed 557 times
nehi

Post by nehi »

so it looks it works wierd

during moving phase u can see transport comin, then it dissapears, but when u select hex, u can see its there and its type
operating

Post by operating »

during moving phase u can see transport comin, then it dissapears, but when u select hex, u can see its there and its type
I'm clear on "how" the sea hex is selected, as opnn describes: "With a zeppelin"... He did not say fighters, he did not say bombers, he did say zeppelins. .
nehi

Post by nehi »

I'm clear on "how" the sea hex is selected, as opnn describes: "With a zeppelin"... He did not say fighters, he did not say bombers, he did say zeppelins. .

pf, select hex by clicking on it, it looks free, but unit is there, when hex selected u can see on right side whats type of hex (open sea) on left side "no unit" or type of unit, tyro/sitskrieg just tried it

as i described, its visible when coming, in your turn there is no graphics on map, but when u select that hex, u see what kind of unit is there (as i said when we started this polemics), no other unit with LOS there, just empty antwerp

ive noticed it even before, in mp and ai games, i tought its just random bug, but it happens in such situation when empty city/port is "seeing" unit there
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 30

Sinai

It's a grind here, that's OK, it was slow going historically. The English balloon is depicted as bombing Aqaba, which may be inaccurate for it also was hitting Taku and Medina too. Have a unit in transport, destination unknown atm.

Attachments
ctgw_1486936796.jpg
ctgw_1486936796.jpg (363.51 KiB) Viewed 557 times
operating

Post by operating »

pf, select hex by clicking on it, it looks free, but unit is there, when hex selected u can see on right side whats type of hex (open sea) on left side "no unit" or type of unit, tyro/sitskrieg just tried it

as i described, its visible when coming, in your turn there is no graphics on map, but when u select that hex, u see what kind of unit is there (as i said when we started this polemics), no other unit with LOS there, just empty antwerp

ive noticed it even before, in mp and ai games, i tought its just random bug, but it happens in such situation when empty city/port is "seeing" unit there

The question I have: Was there a zeppelin present in the region at that time? that could have facilitated the sighting?
operating

Post by operating »

city LOS

OK, here is Tyro's screenshot:

When a zeppelin spots an invisible unit, a red target icon shines on that location, as well as any other enemy ships at your friendly coastal sea hexes within it's range, that's the difference here. Also, the mini-map shows the existence of something there, but does describe it, much like everything else on the mini-map. Other than the mini-map: What would cause a player to inspect that sea hex? Or, was it the mini-map the reason the player decided to inspect the local coastal hexes? Of course if a player saw movement during replay to that location would be a valid reason to do an inspection, but if the transport stopped one coastal hex south of the one highlighted in the screenshot, would that same transport still be detectable?

Attachments
nnaYZRM.jpg
nnaYZRM.jpg (374.68 KiB) Viewed 557 times
nehi

Post by nehi »

wont be, because thats plain hex, no unit, no city, no port, no LOS over sea at all, covered by FOW

im using it vs turks often to land undetected

yes, watching opponents turn is a good idea, im usually doing it, at least as long as its needed to be cautious [8D]

i told u i have seen it many times, but didnt know its not just random bug
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 30

Kovno-Vilna

Drove a German infantry out of position, but was not able to take advantage of the retreat without a nearby reserve. Attrition attacks continue on this front.

Attachments
ctgw_1486936823.jpg
ctgw_1486936823.jpg (423.71 KiB) Viewed 557 times

Return to “After Action Reports”