BULGARIA...?

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

kirk23

RE: BULGARIA...?

Post by kirk23 »

Artillery now only use 3 Ammunition per attack instead off 10!

The reason for trying to stop Fighters from having a ground combat rating is simple really, its because the AI is stupid! The AI uses any unit type that has a GROUND COMBAT attack factor in the front line, which to put it mildly is nuts..
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Another change I'm making is that every Nation, where possible, will have city PP production spread out more, instead of most being in Capitals etc, all coastal cities will have the a lower PP per turn, while Cities in the heart of a Country will have more PP's meaning if you loose a City, most of the time this will not be such a crippling blow to a Countries PP production per turn.

Make it so!
nehi

Post by nehi »

Artillery now only use 3 Ammunition per attack instead off 10!

thats fine, just few days back i suggested this on slitherines forum

nothing can save ai... in the all madness mod fighters have at least effect on efficiency (and ai didnt use aircrafts as frontal units), but im convinced, any limitation of air units will take out any chance to win in mp as cp

germans have to fight 2 fronts, they can put real effort just in one, their only hope is blitzkrieg, which is not possible without air support

in the end its all about production, but fight hopelessly from the begining?
operating

Post by operating »

Nehi, Understand that Kirk only plays in SP. As where many times in SP the AI puts aircraft/fighters in front line positions to fill gaps and end up being lambs for slaughter. It's a situation that would be highly unlikely in MP, short of making a desperate move tactically as a blocker... The only plus I can see from his proposed changes is ammo, which could make artillery more efficient in breaking strong-points and increase the frequency of artillery use per turn, whereas, in the German case early in the game only enough ammo to use one of two artillery per turn, thus a player had to stockpile to have a double hit... Perhaps that would counter-balance the effect of not having ground attack fighters...
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Bob you are correct, I'm play testing the effects of more Artillery, with different combinations, of Groundattack, Bombardment,stratattack & Shock effects, since Artillery now only use 1/3 of ammunition previously.[:)]

Also as this thread is about Bulgaria, and its lack of activation in game, that is now a thing of the past, Bulgaria joins the Central Power 100% of the time.[:D]
Make it so!
operating

Post by operating »

I'm thrilled about the solving of the Bulgaria corundum! Opening up the RR to OE and visa versa, there so much little Bulgaria adds to the game...

It's been said the during WW I: Artillery is king and infantry is queen of the battlefield. Yes, there has been much tribulation about the airforce in this game, some of which I really liked, but also where has been heavily abused. I'm as guilty as anyone-else of having used the air-force in a blitzkrieg method to get that lightening fast upper hand during the course of a turn and also have been pummeled to a cockroach army from constant air attacks later in a match, which should have not been the case.

Proof of the pudding is revealed in some of my AARs presented above in the AAR section as well in the SS below...

Attachments
C557D385D2..48D8A0C2.jpg
C557D385D2..48D8A0C2.jpg (418.3 KiB) Viewed 333 times
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
nehi

Post by nehi »

Nehi, Understand that Kirk only plays in SP.

ok, that makes sense, ai needs some help 8-)

3 ammo eating arts cant fully substitute aircraft support, which is much easier to apply on right places, but when used wisely it can bring at least some way to advance

btw where is that kirks mod available? i read other threads, all full of screenshots but mod nowhere
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: nehi
Nehi, Understand that Kirk only plays in SP.

ok, that makes sense, ai needs some help 8-)

3 ammo eating arts cant fully substitute aircraft support, which is much easier to apply on right places, but when used wisely it can bring at least some way to advance

btw where is that kirks mod available? i read other threads, all full of screenshots but mod nowhere

Hi nehi, I have just started working a couple of weeks ago, on an all new 1914 - 18 Grand Campaign.[;)]

LINK TO MOD : tm.asp?m=4072923

Attachments
Austriade..nSerbia.jpg
Austriade..nSerbia.jpg (277.77 KiB) Viewed 333 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I will make available to all gamers within the next week, the Bulgarian failure to enter the war fix, along with the Manual control of convoys, these two things above all else matter most to the game players at the moment.
Make it so!

Return to “Commander - The Great War”