Commander - The Great War Now Available!

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

Scott Parrino

Commander - The Great War Now Available!

Post by Scott Parrino »

You are hereby ordered to the Front!

Matrix Games, Slitherine (www.slitherine.com), and The Lordz Games Studio (www.thelordzgamesstudio.com) are excited to announce the release of an outstanding new World War I grand strategy game: Commander – The Great War, the latest in the Commander series!

Players can now assume command of the Entente or Central Powers from the start of the war in 1914 to its conclusion in five grand campaigns on a huge hex campaign map that stretches from western USA to Africa and Arabia in the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east. Players can encounter more than 40 unique historical and what-if events triggered by their actions on the campaign map, which offers near limitless replay value. Attach historical commanders to exploit their unique strengths (and avoiding their weaknesses), research and develop technology to gain an advantage against your enemies with superior technology such as airships, bombers and machine guns. Command 18 different types of unit types on the battlefield in your struggle to gain victory or stave off defeat. Players can also take the fight online against human opponents on Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ system for easy matchmaking and setup.

Commander – The Great War features easy to learn, hard to master game play that is perfect for newcomers and experienced wargamers. The new engine has been developed from the ground up to support higher resolutions and widescreen monitors. Modders can take delight in utilizing the LUA scripting language to alter many aspects of the game from combat, research, terrain effects and more.

Along with the release of Commander – The Great War, a new features trailer has also been released and can be viewed on the Slitherine and Matrix Games YouTube channels. Subscribe to these channels to get the latest in gameplay videos, trailers, and more!

For more information on Commander – The Great War, visit the official product page on the Slitherine or Matrix Games website.
Scott Parrino
Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
Follow us on Twitter and on Facebook!
zakblood

RE: Commander - The Great War Now Available!

Post by zakblood »

for those who are waiting and sitting on the fence, for either more updates / fixes etc, wait no longer as this in it's present state, is already one of if not the best WW1 sim/game released to date...

this sim/game will be the new benchmark which all others will aspire to or be compared to in the future...

well done all involved and congratulations for the future awards that i'm sure will follow...

easy to learn and play with a very easy learning curve, replays very well, very easy to mod, great manual (one day i might even read it) [:D] as tbh game teaches you most of what you need to know, if you have or haven't played this type of game / sim before...

would recommend this to anyone, WW1 fan or not (and i wasn't before this either) but love this, did think it was going to be a very static boring slog of a game, but what it ended up being was a fun to play, tactical and in depth game with not so slow moving fronts on a grand scale with almost the whole world as you battlefield with plenty of weapons and scope for different tactics and choices to make...
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
kirk23

RE: Commander - The Great War Now Available!

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

for those who are waiting and sitting on the fence, for either more updates / fixes etc, wait no longer as this in it's present state, is already one of if not the best WW1 sim/game released to date...

this sim/game will be the new benchmark which all others will aspire to or be compared to in the future...

well done all involved and congratulations for the future awards that i'm sure will follow...

easy to learn and play with a very easy learning curve, replays very well, very easy to mod, great manual (one day i might even read it) [:D] as tbh game teaches you most of what you need to know, if you have or haven't played this type of game / sim before...

would recommend this to anyone, WW1 fan or not (and i wasn't before this either) but love this, did think it was going to be a very static boring slog of a game, but what it ended up being was a fun to play, tactical and in depth game with not so slow moving fronts on a grand scale with almost the whole world as you battlefield with plenty of weapons and scope for different tactics and choices to make...

If you think its good now,just wait till the Patch 1.6.0? Is released,you guys are really in for a treat.[:)]
Make it so!

Return to “Commander - The Great War”