Any way to do AI vs AI or see AI turns

Revolution Under Siege is a simultaneous turn based historical wargame that puts you in charge of one of the factions that fought the Russian Civil War (1917-1923). From a ragtag group of volunteers create the powerful Red Army, using all the weaponry and equipment at your disposal: planes, tanks, armored trains, Cheka troops and the Konarmia (the famous Red Cavalry). Or, on the opposite side, gather all patriots and reform the elite divisions that shall save Holy Mother Russia. Can you succeed in crushing the Bolshevik hydra? Or will the people’s Revolution prevail?
NeimanMarxist

Any way to do AI vs AI or see AI turns

Post by NeimanMarxist »

Hello,

I'm trying to learn this game but as we all know AGEOD learning curves can be steep, especially for those of us new to war games.

I'm wondering if there is any way to set the game to AI versus AI (as in playing itself) or to see complete AI turns so I can get a sense of how the AI approaches each scenario (yes, I am playing scenarios and staying away from the campaigns for now). I've checked the manual but it doesn't seem like I can do what I want to do but I wanted to ask the community.

Thanks!
loki100

RE: Any way to do AI vs AI or see AI turns

Post by loki100 »

you can't do AI-AI, I think you can open the AI's turns (but I forget).

While they were for the original RuS (so some mechanics have changed), I'd strongly suggest find and read Bornego's classic 3 AARs for the game. They'll really help both with game details (recruitment/stack building etc) and with an appreciation of the wider picture).

Unfortunately they are buried deep on the long abandoned Paradox AGEOD AAR pages. Do a search for his name and something like 'Stranded Admiral' that'll bring up a link.
NeimanMarxist

Post by NeimanMarxist »

Thank you!

I can't post links but I think the one you mean is called "Who put the stranded Admiral in charge? - Siberian White Short Campaign PBEM"
Nikel

Post by Nikel »

Yes, it is possible.

However is messy and, I guess, only recommended for debugging.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.ph ... rn#p406382

Return to “Revolution Under Siege Gold”