Gold vrs. Original version

Revolution Under Siege is a simultaneous turn based historical wargame that puts you in charge of one of the factions that fought the Russian Civil War (1917-1923). From a ragtag group of volunteers create the powerful Red Army, using all the weaponry and equipment at your disposal: planes, tanks, armored trains, Cheka troops and the Konarmia (the famous Red Cavalry). Or, on the opposite side, gather all patriots and reform the elite divisions that shall save Holy Mother Russia. Can you succeed in crushing the Bolshevik hydra? Or will the people’s Revolution prevail?
michaelspotts

Gold vrs. Original version

Post by michaelspotts »

I have been eagerly waiting for the Gold version to start playing the game even though I bought RUS a while ago.

Thank you for the discount. One question, any need to play RUS the original or can I focus on RUS Gold and not miss anything?

Also, can I read and use original nice, thick RUS manual and the slimmer new one for Gold to learn the game?

Thanks for any answers. And as always, the games.

Michael
loki100

RE: Gold vrs. Original version

Post by loki100 »

No reason to now play the original, unless of course you don't have 'gold'. The core is the same game so much in the old manual is valid.

I'd suggest read 'Bornego's old RUS AARs ... unfortunately these are on the Paradox AGEOD AAR board and now hard to find. However, the insights, in particular about how to put together divisions and corps/armies are still valid, so well worth the read

edit: managed to find one of them: Stranded Admiral
Swans head north

and:

DNO

The last is from the epic and huge alt-history DNO campaign when Germany has won WW1.
michaelspotts

RE: Gold vrs. Original version

Post by michaelspotts »

Thanks much for taking time to give me some good info!

Return to “Revolution Under Siege Gold”