Upgrade kit

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
dtwdunn

Upgrade kit

Post by dtwdunn »

I bought the boxed version of WW1 from amazon a year ago but didnt like it and uninstalled it soon after.
I saw the gold upgrade kit on Gamersgate and puchased it, as it was only £4 i thought it was worth another try.
i reinstalled the boxed version which runs fine on my Windows 7, but when i run the gamersgate downloader/installer for the ww1 gold upgrade it says world war one isnt installed.
ive checked the destination and its definately going to the right folder.
Im wondering if its because the original WW1 isnt from Gamersgate?
Any ideas would be appreciated [&:]

thank you
Panama Red

RE: Upgrade kit

Post by Panama Red »

There are a number of WW1 games out there. This one is called "La Grande Guerre 1914 - 1918" and made by ageod. Does it say that on your box or does it say something else ???
dtwdunn

Post by dtwdunn »

Yes, its definately the right game and upgrade kit
calvinus72

Post by calvinus72 »

I think it's a problem caused by the registry of Win7...

Be sure the boxed version of WW1 is installed on this folder:

C:\Program Files\World War One

Then install the Gold Upgrade Kit, that should search the WW1 game installed in that folder.

If it does not work yet, please contact Philippe Thibaut via private message on the official forum of AgeOD, sending him your serial key as a proof of purchase. He will reply to you providing the download link to the WW1 Gold Edition full installer. This will solve the problem for you once for all! [:)]
dtwdunn

Post by dtwdunn »

Thanks for the quick response Calvinus, the boxed game installed itself in C:\Program Files(x86)\World War One, so i reinstalled it into C:\Program Files\World War One
but unfortunatly when i ran the gamersgate downloader for the gold Update it still said it couldnt find a valid instalation ( cant remember the exact words )

Sorry if i sound a bit dumb but i dont know how to contact Philippe Thibaut, ive become a member of the ageod-forum and searched the community > members list but there's only 1 'philippe' listed and i dont think he's the guy im looking for from the look of his posts.

once again thanks [;)]
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

He's called Philthib on their forums.
dtwdunn

Post by dtwdunn »

OMG i think im going to scream [:@] i cant work out how to private message Philthib, ive read through the faq on the ageod forums, and have followed the instructions carefully, i dont have permission to change anything in my user cp which is odd, and, yes, i am logged on.

maybe im just being a bit thick [8|]

im not sure its worth all this effort much but im determined not to be defeated
Panama Red

Post by Panama Red »

You could always post your problem in the open over there and then HE could send you a Private Message.
calvinus72

Post by calvinus72 »

ORIGINAL: Panama Red

You could always post your problem in the open over there and then HE could send you a Private Message.
Philthib

Yes, exactly so! [:)]

Return to “Tech Support”