Freeze watching non-player battles

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
jjdenver

Freeze watching non-player battles

Post by jjdenver »

Hi,

When I start up a 4-player game, and choose to play as Russia, the game shows me battles between France and Germany. These battles are either EXTREMELY slow (I wait many seconds for each round to occur), or completely freeze with no action occurring. The game itself is not frozen because on the right side I can click to show the chat window and it works. However the battle screen between France and Germany is there with absolutely nothing happening. I waited over 20 minutes and still nothing happened.

Is there some way to either not view battles that involve AI-controlled countries? Or to advance the battles quicker? I was only able to bypass this by going out to windows and forcefully shutting down the game.

AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
06 Maestro

RE: Freeze watching non-player battles

Post by 06 Maestro »

I played a few 4x games with the original version. I don't recall there being any way to skip the AI vs AI battles. I seldom played that mode as it was a pain watching you allies doing their own little thing-ignoring what I wished them to do.

I have not tried that yet with the Gold version, but had been thinking about testing out the AI in the 4X mode.

Are you playing WEGO? I assume you are-I will fire up a game and see what happens. It is possible that there is a bug as that mode is seldom used-so it may not have been tested. It is really for MP games. I'll give it a whirl right now.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

I just played through early August and August without any battle problems. Everything went through rather quickly. There were some blackouts along the edges of the map during battles, but only during battles-first time I have seen that.

I'll point Calvinus to this issue.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

I am playing I-Go-U-Go. In other words when it's my turn I activate and move one army at a time.

It would be very nice if you could bypass watching Ai battles or if they would happen quickly. This could help work around this problem As it is now the 4-player scenario is unplayable for me and as a way to break into the game it would be nice to just play one country.
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
calvinus72

Post by calvinus72 »

Have you tried playing in WEGO mode, always in 4-players mode?
Do you have game slow-downs also playing in such a way?

Is there any external cause that could make the game running so slow?
Let's say an antivirus that feels the game is a threat?
Also, are you playing with UAC off and logged in with PC Administrator priviledges?

Beta-testers tried the game in 4-player mode with no freeze.
On my side, today I successfully reproduced a freeze (on end of battle tough) in 4-player mode after serveral attempts. Thus I managed to fix the error.
We will deliver a beta patch (AgeOD forum) in a couple of days max.
Lanconic

Post by Lanconic »

I must chime in as well. The game effectively stops during ai vs ai combat.
doesnt matter how long I wait

Yes I disabled UAC and Avira didnt matter
The way of all flesh
calvinus72

Post by calvinus72 »

On AgeOD forum you can find a couple of people that reported a problem like yours: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=17911

They resolved the problem by running the game in XP SP2 compatibility mode.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Tech Support”