Dreadnoughts at war scenario.

Post suggestions and discuss the scenario and database editors here.
hellfirejet

Dreadnoughts at war scenario.

Post by hellfirejet »

Hi guys this is an advanced heads up,for my soon to be released scenario DREADNOUGHTS AT WAR 1922 - 1931 10 year grand campaign,the tweaks and alterations are far to many to list here.I will be including with the scenario all the art files that will be required both ships and aircraft.[;)]

The picture below shows the Japanese Battlecruiser Kongo details.[:D]

Attachments
WarPlanO..eeditor.jpg
WarPlanO..eeditor.jpg (154.4 KiB) Viewed 393 times
Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
Rysyonok

RE: Dreadnoughts at war scenario.

Post by Rysyonok »

Nice :)
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Hi folks the above scenario should be available by Wednesday next week to download by anyone who would like to play.

Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

It's here War Plan Orange Dreadnoughts at war scenario.Japanese player now has the entire German Highs Seas Fleet on his side + German aircraft,also available are some of the Italian navy to help the Japanese.[8D]

http://www.filefront.com/16892921/War%2 ... enario.zip

If you are downloading the above scenario for the first time,please also download the update 7 as well,this will fix some errors,that were in the Dreadnoughts at war scenario thanks[8D]

UPDATE 7

http://www.filefront.com/17203614/Dreadnoughts at war update 7.zip
Regards,
Graham.

Rysyonok

Post by Rysyonok »

Awesome! Anyone up for a game with this scenario?
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

I have been informed that the zip download might be corrupted,if anyone is having problems I have done this smaller download with only the most vital files included to make it easier I hope.

Also I'm sure there will be a few ship class mix ups in the game database,for that I'm sorry, but it is very easily sorted using the editor that I attached to the zip file,any that I'm told about I will correct on my end,and release an updated version of the scenario in the coming weeks thanks for any feedback in advance,I do hope the gamers like the scenario because it is a lot off work putting it all together,a huge amount of data to sort on my own you know hehehehehehe[:D]

Here is the new smaller zip download that has only the most vital files needed to run the Dreadnoughts at War scenario,I will make available in the future, approx monthly any correction's of database errors found.[;)]

http://www.filefront.com/16901343/Dread ... 0patch.zip
Regards,
Graham.

tex

Post by tex »

Thanks for this Graham, I am really looking forward to it. Unfortunately I am moving tomorrow and then will be a month without a computer  But when I´m hooked up again this will be the first thing I go to!

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Ok folks this is going to be my last update for 2 or 3 weeks,so here is the most recent database corrections for Dreadnoughts at War scenario, the time is 15.40 pm 29/6/2010 please note the senario is perfectly playable as is,as I have still to come across any game breakers.

this is a very small download holding only the database files no art work cheers.

Rysyonok this corrects the errors you found within the database and a few more,mainly that some of the later arrival carriers had the wrong squadrons attached.[8D]

http://www.filefront.com/16905167/Dreadnoughts%20at%20War%20scenario%20data%20base%20error%20correction%2029%206%202010.zip
Regards,
Graham.

Rysyonok

Post by Rysyonok »

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Ok chaps just in case some of you are having problems unzipping and installing this new scenario,I have listed below one of the ways to install it.

Installation instructions for Dreadnoughts at War scenario.

Step 1 = After the download completes,double left click on the downloaded zip file,this will open a new window with a folder called WAR PLAN ORANGE DREADNOUGHTS AT WAR SCENARIO

Step 2 = Now left click once on this folder,and it will be highlighted with a blue square border around the file,now right click on this file and it will start to unzip,this might take a couple of minuets,if an error message at any time appears just click yes to continue,all this means is that a file might have been damaged when it was zip compressed when created no big problem so relax don't panic ok!

Step 3 = now that the file has been unzipped,double left click the file again,and all the individual files will appear ok lets go to the next step.

Step 4 = Right click once on anyone of the files,as an example the art file,now an options menu will appear,from this menu select all. Ok done that now all the files will have a blue highlighted border around them.

Step 5 = Right click once on the art file again,and the options menu will appear again,now select extract its the third option down on the list ok done that,this time a new window will open ok perfect lets proceed.

Step 6 = On the left hand side of this new window select your computers local disc which is usually the C disc,left click on this once and a list of what is on your C disc will now appear ok good.

Step 7 = Now double left click on your MATRIX FOLDER to open it,now left click once to select your war plan orange folder it will be highlight with a blue border ,at the bottom of this window left click on the unzip option,ALL THE FILES WILL NOW INSTALL INTO YOUR WAR PLAN ORANGE GAMES DIRECTORY,you might get some messages pop up to ask if you want to copy some existing files just accept this question click yes to overwrite the file.

Step 8 = Job done the new scenario will be available to use,it is scenario 30 in the game scenario screen enjoy!
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

New aircraft art and improve scenario data coming in the next half hour to download.

This update allows the allies to use Sopwith Triplanes + S.E.5a fighters. plus much more surprises enjoy[8D]

http://www.filefront.com/16941485/Dread ... %20art.zip
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Yet another new update this is number 3,it includes some new allied ship art plus alot off database corrections.[;)]

I'm going on holiday so this will be the last update for 2 weeks for sure ok ta ta the noo[8D]

http://www.filefront.com/16957039/Dreadnoughts%20at%20War%20scenario%20update%203.zip
Regards,
Graham.

Rysyonok

Post by Rysyonok »

Just checking: the third update is comprehensive of all three?
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Yes every update is comprehensive.[8D]
Regards,
Graham.

Connfire

Post by Connfire »

Finally had the time to download and load the scenerio, plus the lastest update today. Absolutely stunning. Graham, you have completely outdone yourself. A heartfelt thank you for all of the time you put into this. [8D]
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Thanks Connfire I hope you like the scenario even more when it's finnished hehehehehehe.[:)]

I'm on holiday but I'm still working on new additions plus fixing some database errors,the plan is still to release another update in about 10 days.[;)]
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Hi folks the next update has returned the ship factors back in line with stock settings,this means that the durability settings,endurance,armour,are all back to near normal as per any other stock scenario,but all the ships still have better manouverability and Anti-aircraft ability,to allow for the fact that there are a great many more aircraft added to this scenario that are not in any other stock scenario,I'm also adding a huge amount of flexability in regard to the starting bases where ships are in port.[;)] 
Regards,
Graham.

Rysyonok

Post by Rysyonok »

Interesting. May I ask what precipitated that?
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

The main reason that I have reduced my edited increased durability settings,back to what is nearer the standard settings, was that while doing alot of play testing, results showed that in most cases the ships were repairing even torpedo hits,which would have otherwise sunk them in any of the stock scenarios.

As for removing the armour values that I had added to Merchant ships and destroyers,was that in real life they had no armour, so why should they have armour now in this game.

As for reducing the my edited ships endurance factors back,to historical actual fuel consumption values,was a no brainer because the game for both sides, I have vastly increased fuel storage using the editor,to what is available in any other stock scenario,so there was no need to increase the range of the ships beyond what they could achieve in real life anyway.

The reason behind me altering alot of the starting position of ships and aircraft,from the campaign games, is that I'm going with the assumption with my scenario, that the Japanese and the Allies have pre-planned there forces distrubution,before hostilities start.

NB: I don't know if anyone has wondered why, I have reduced all of the submarines to launch only one torpedo per attack,well the reason is this,using the editor the standard dud setting rate was round about the 60% mark,I have reduced that to 10%,with the effect that 50% more torpedos will now explode against the target ship hull,so now that more torpedos are causing damage,there is no reason to fire the same amount of torpedo as were reqiured previously,this has the added bonus of all submarines staying on patrol longer,because they now don't need to return to port to re-arm as often.[8D]

Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Ok guys here is a quick little update regarding Dreadnoughts at War scenario.I'm just completing the addition of French & Russian ships into the scenario,I have a few more ship art to complete,then I will test the scenario again over the weekend,so hopefully all the new stuff will be available to download about Tuesday next week fingers crossed![8D]

Regards,
Graham.

Return to “Scenario Design”