USA ship art

War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922-1930, from the team that brought you War in the Pacific.

Moderator: Tankerace

hellfirejet

USA ship art

Post by hellfirejet »

Hi guys,this is my version off the US Carrier Lexington class,feedback would be great, so please feel free to let me know what you think off the ship's,thumbs up thumps down [;)]

Attachments
USAAircra..assSide.jpg
USAAircra..assSide.jpg (6.65 KiB) Viewed 948 times
Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
hellfirejet

RE: USA ship art

Post by hellfirejet »

I know the Carrier Lexington is a bit late for the period of this game,but she was completed in 1927 I think,anyway I'm working on the Carrier Langley at the moment,and she should be completed sometime tomorrow .[;)]
Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

US Carrier Langley

Attachments
LangleySide.jpg
LangleySide.jpg (6.4 KiB) Viewed 943 times
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

USA Pre-Dreadnought Illinois class

Attachments
USAPreDr..assSide.jpg
USAPreDr..assSide.jpg (6 KiB) Viewed 943 times
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Latest update folks I will be doing all USA Pre-dreadnoughts + Dreadnoughts between now and next week,I'm working on the Indiana class,so that should be complete tomorrow,so that will then let me start to all the Japanese Pre-Dreadnoughts + Dreadnoughts the following week.[8D]
Regards,
Graham.

JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

Excellent, nice & clear.

Kill the flag, it isnt needed.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Hi Jeffk,consider the flags lost, I'm dropping them from my art work anyway,by the way I have completed the Indiana class Pre-Dreadnought.[;)]

Attachments
USAIndianaclass.jpg
USAIndianaclass.jpg (5.93 KiB) Viewed 941 times
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Hi guys and yet another USA Pre-Dreadnought done this time it's the Iowa class,by the way Tex if you read this she has already been sent to you cheers[:D]

Attachments
USAPreDr..assSide.jpg
USAPreDr..assSide.jpg (6.16 KiB) Viewed 947 times
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

I have been asked to do a version of the USA Pre-dreadnoughts pre modernisation without the cage mast's,I am willing to do this no problemo,but I'm consentrating on doing all the USA capital ships first,also if any one has a specific ship in mind,that they would like to see in game,then I will try to create one for them cheers.[8D]
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

USA Pre-Dreadnought Illinois class redo I have improved the cage mast for this class to match the other classes.[;)]

Attachments
AnSide0119.jpg
AnSide0119.jpg (5.98 KiB) Viewed 941 times
Regards,
Graham.

tex

Post by tex »

ORIGINAL: hellfirejet

I have been asked to do a version of the USA Pre-dreadnoughts pre modernisation without the cage mast's,I am willing to do this no problemo,but I'm consentrating on doing all the USA capital ships first,also if any one has a specific ship in mind,that they would like to see in game,then I will try to create one for them cheers.[8D]

Thanks Graham! [:)]
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Ok guys here is the latest addition,to the USA fleet,the Pre-Dreadnought Kearsarge class.

I have started work on the Maine class,it should be available very soon.[;)]

Attachments
USAKearsargeclass.jpg
USAKearsargeclass.jpg (6.39 KiB) Viewed 943 times
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Yet another completed the Pre-dreadnought Maine class.

Attachments
USAPreDr..assSide.jpg
USAPreDr..assSide.jpg (6.44 KiB) Viewed 943 times
Regards,
Graham.

Connfire

Post by Connfire »

These ship art threads are great.

I was thinking about this last night while playing the AI. Years ago a forumer called Engineer came up with a great AI mod called "Western Citidel". The Japanese AI was more agressive, but what I also liked was he assumed that ship reinforcement would be at an accelerated wartime level, as opposed to the historical peacetime schedule that WOP has. His AAR for Western Citidel is at tm.asp?m=1449113.

So, for example, he had Pensacola class cruisers popping out in 1927 - it being assumed that their design and construction would be hastened due to the wartime emergency, just like the USA did in WWII. It makes sense, when you think about it. These Pensacolas, and the other "treaty cruisers" were somewhat modified, as there was no "treaty" for them to be restricted by, but not to the point where they turned into any kind of unbeatable super-ship. I think he had the ships commissioned about 2 years earlier then their historical dates.

But I was thinking that, along the "what-if" lines, you might want to consider either the real or modified Pensacola, Northampton, Myoko, Furutaka, and County Class cruisers so accelerated construction schedules can be incorporated into scenerios.

Just a thought. Keep up the great work! [8D]
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Hiya Connfire, using the editor as I do a great deal,I'm not bothered about when a ship actually commisioned,if the time period fits say 1880 - 1930 + if a ship class was built within that time scale,then It's in my scenario,as you are no doubt aware,I have added nearly the entire German High Seas Fleet to the game,plus Italy and even Austria/Hungary,if I know what a ship looks like, then I can do art for it,and then the worlds your oyster!!![:D]
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Connfire,my favourite ship of all time is the German ww2 battlecruiser Scharnhorst,I'm thinking about adding her in to my scenario here for WAR PLAN ORANGE,I have done the art work for all the German 2nd world war ship's already,I use them in WAR IN THE PACIFIC ADMIRALS EDITION,I prefer WPO because it deals more with ships, and not all them ***** Aircraft Carriers with there ***** planes pissing me off all the time.[:D]
Regards,
Graham.

Connfire

Post by Connfire »

Hiya Connfire, using the editor as I do a great deal,I'm not bothered about when a ship actually commisioned,if the time period fits say 1880 - 1930 + if a ship class was built within that time scale,then It's in my scenario,as you are no doubt aware,I have added nearly the entire German High Seas Fleet to the game,plus Italy and even Austria/Hungary,if I know what a ship looks like, then I can do art for it,and then the worlds your oyster!!!

Sounds cool. Your edits have already got me thinking of potential scenerios. One that I've been turning over in my head is a 1926 scenerio where the Italians join the Japanese against the allies, and the Italian, French, and Japanese fleets are augmented by former Imperial German ships (the 1919 scuttling would have never happened).

I'm also curious, after reading some of Engineer's old posts, about the feasibility of making or replicating a more agresive AI, as he did, also incorporating the ships you are creating.

IMHO, all 1920's designed ships, even the ones that weren't commissioned until the early 1930s like the classes I listed in my last post, should have at least appeared in the Super Dreadnought scenerio.
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

The way I see it, if it's possible to include ships via the editor,then why not I say,the scuttled High Seas Fleet was a terrible waste,I prefer to use them as a stronger axis force,along with the Italian,Japanese the more the better is the way forward in my opinion,it's a far more interesting game with all these ships added.[8D]
Regards,
Graham.

Connfire

Post by Connfire »

Connfire,my favourite ship of all time is the German ww2 battlecruiser Scharnhorst,I'm thinking about adding her in to my scenario here for WAR PLAN ORANGE,I have done the art work for all the German 2nd world war ship's already,I use them in WAR IN THE PACIFIC ADMIRALS EDITION,I prefer WPO because it deals more with ships, and not all them ***** Aircraft Carriers with there ***** planes pissing me off all the time.

Agree - carriers are cool in their own right, but WPO is unique as it allows the battleships be the capital ships they were built to be, while (mostly) uninterrupted by endless waves of carrier and shore-bassed aircraft.

Its funny, when I first read your post, I initially thought you were talking about the WWI armored cruiser Scharnhorst. That was another scenerio I was thinking - WWI takes place in the Pacific instead of Europe, with the German Asiatic Fleet operating out of Tsingtao, Truk, and other former German colonies. I just got done reading "Castles of Steel", so WWI is on my mind.
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Yip using the editor,I have the German fleet based at Truk,in my scenario Truk has an Naval repair yard,so I don't need to return any badly damaged ships to the Japanese main land,I have added roughly 50 German Uboats as well and they are attacking all over the place along with my German Light cruisers.[;)]
Regards,
Graham.

Return to “War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930”