SMK vs Ham

Post descriptions and reports of your brilliant successes and unfortunate defeats here.
SMK-at-work

RE: Allied Autumn Offensive

Post by SMK-at-work »

And the result is reflected in the national morale - Germany is exhausted.

What is also interesting is that Germany only has 50 manpower but 177 equipment! For Austria it is the reverse - plenty of manpower but only a small amount of equipment!

I should have been paying more attention to those figures through the game and sending equipment to Austria to make better use of its manpower surplus!

And of course Austrian morale is now 0%.... but they didn't surrender this turn!

Did I mention that I don't expect this game to go too much longer??!! :)

Attachments
morale.jpg
morale.jpg (56.18 KiB) Viewed 354 times
Meum est propisitum in taberna mori
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

Game over - Austria has surrendered, and the Kaiser has sacked Ludendorff and is suing for pace!

Well done Ham - I think the failure to take Paris was crucial - that and not realising that Konigsberg is not a port so the units in it were starved - addisional losses for no reason, and the units themselves would have been useful in slowing down the Russians.  As a result I lost too much food resource too early, and am starved to peace.

That final offensive completely destroyed the German army - every move since Ham has attacked and taken another hex or 2 - it is the "100 days" in 1917!
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

Thanks for a great AAR.
Not sure how many read it? but it was certainly appreciated by this little subscriber!

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit".
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

You're welcome - I think each new post was getting 15-20 new views - dunno how many of those were individual people tho....

What it did get was 3 more games for me - as well as the 1 vs Boogda I'm playing a couple of other people as the TE, so there's still some interest in the game.....perhaps if some more ppl posted looking for opponents...:)
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

Interesting war-with a surprise ending.

Thanks for doing the aar. I will keep a closer eye on this aar section.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

Return to “After Action Reports”