AAR/Quick Guide Central Powers 1914

Adanac's Strategic level World War I grand campaign game designed by Frank Hunter

Moderator: SeanD

daywalker

RE: AAR/Quick Guide Central Powers 1914

Post by daywalker »

Thank you for the Great AAR. You have really helped me understand the basics of playing this game.
BK6583

Post by BK6583 »

I hate to ask such a basic question but can someone explain the Food line of this screen from left to right and how they relate to each other. What tells me, as Germany for example, that I'm in a deficit? Does the "captured" figure have to at least be a "3" before "available" becomes a "1"?
ei3014

Post by ei3014 »

In reply to BK6583:

In The Economy section, the top line refers to Raw Materials. The Second line is the food line you refer to.

The first column is the food carried over from last turn (stored). 2nd column is food produced within that country e.g. Germany. 3rd Column is how much food arrives by trade - i.e. your merchant fleet. Capt. (short for captured) is how many food areas you have captured, and Avail - Available, is how many this converts to (by dividing by 3 and rounding down) Consumed is how many are required. Current is how much is left over to store for next turn (if any).

The affect of running out of food is to reduce you industrial capacity - shown on line 3. If you have 7 food, but you consume 10, your industry runs at 70%. Generally though (but not always) , it is raw materials that limit your production - not the shortage of food. (page 18 of the manual - section 12) - ask again if you need more explanation on this.
Geoff
BK6583

Post by BK6583 »

ORIGINAL: ei3014

In reply to BK6583:

In The Economy section, the top line refers to Raw Materials. The Second line is the food line you refer to.

The first column is the food carried over from last turn (stored). 2nd column is food produced within that country e.g. Germany. 3rd Column is how much food arrives by trade - i.e. your merchant fleet. Capt. (short for captured) is how many food areas you have captured, and Avail - Available, is how many this converts to (by dividing by 3 and rounding down) Consumed is how many are required. Current is how much is left over to store for next turn (if any).

The affect of running out of food is to reduce you industrial capacity - shown on line 3. If you have 7 food, but you consume 10, your industry runs at 70%. Generally though (but not always) , it is raw materials that limit your production - not the shortage of food. (page 18 of the manual - section 12) - ask again if you need more explanation on this.

Which number, i.e., "Food", "Prod", and "Current" tells you that you're country is running a deficit? In the screen shot on page 2 "Food" is 14; "Prod" is 7; and "Current" is 11. "Consumed" is 10.

elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

A very helpful AAR.  Thanks.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
jimch11

Post by jimch11 »

ORIGINAL: BK6583

ORIGINAL: ei3014

In reply to BK6583:

Which number, i.e., "Food", "Prod", and "Current" tells you that you're country is running a deficit? In the screen shot on page 2 "Food" is 14; "Prod" is 7; and "Current" is 11. "Consumed" is 10.

Starts the turn with 14. Produces 7. Consumes 10. That's a deficit of 3. Making current food=11.
In case anyone wants to know 6 years later.
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

Well spotted! :)
Meum est propisitum in taberna mori

Return to “Guns of August 1914 - 1918”