Veteran wants 1.04 GC (Closed again b/c 2 games started)

Post requests for head to head play here.
von Beanie

Veteran wants 1.04 GC (Closed again b/c 2 games started)

Post by von Beanie »

I've played this game (as well as ACW1) PBEM before, but not since update 1.02. I would like to see if it is a better balanced game now. I would prefer Union, but will play either side. I prefer contests that aren't gamey. I won't do anything very odd or blatantly unrealistic, and trust you won't either. I normally return moves once a day.
"Military operations are drastically affected by many considerations, one of the most important of which is the geography of the area" Dwight D. Eisenhower
Jethro420

RE: Veteran wants 1.04 GC

Post by Jethro420 »

I'm probably ready for the challenge - and I have lots of free time for the immediate future.

My only requirement is that we play with hidden activation. It's a new option that doesn't tell you which commanders are active until after the orders are given for the turn. It's far more realistic, I think, and a lot more fun.

I usually play the USA, also. But, I'm playing Athena as the CSA now and I like it. It's very challenging. I believe the consensus for this patch is the CSA are a bit underpowered... maybe an over-correction from previous versions. So far, I tend to agree. It's lean hard times south of the Mason Dixon line. But, I'll be amazed if I don't whip Athena.

I'd like to be somewhat familiar with the chain of events from the CSA perspective before it gets too far into the game. If we can start in April '61, that will give me more than enough time to get a handle on things, I'm sure.

von Beanie

Post by von Beanie »

J420 and I played several turns, but then a sudden work issue meant that his free time would be gone for a long time. The game was put on hold for several months. I am still available daily for another game for about another month, and then I will only be able to do one turn per day for some time. Someone out there must want to try PBEM. Norm
"Military operations are drastically affected by many considerations, one of the most important of which is the geography of the area" Dwight D. Eisenhower
Yank

Post by Yank »

Hello Von Beanie - I also have about a month of free time right now and can do one turn a day thereafter. Never played pbem but a lot against the AI. Also have never tried the Confederate side. If you want somebody a little more experienced I understand.
Ils ne passeront pas

Return to “Opponents Wanted”