Idea for PBEM Game - Are We Crazy?

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

kbullard

Idea for PBEM Game - Are We Crazy?

Post by kbullard »

A friend and I want to start up a CWII Grand Campaign. So that we start with the same "experience", our idea was to prepare by playing only the 3 tutorials, but no actual scenarios or campaigns, even against the AI. Then, theoretically, we would face all of the Civil War challenges afresh like the real world counterparts.

Is this crazy? I like the idea, but would hate to run into some kind of insurmountable roadblock once we've started; for example, there's some component of the game that's so complex you won't be able to win the war if you don't get it right in 1861.

Kurt
Captain_Orso

RE: Idea for PBEM Game - Are We Crazy?

Post by Captain_Orso »

I don't think it's a bad idea, but be prepared to support each other in learning and understanding new concepts and their application.

Often times just reading the rules, or seeing them in the tutorials, is not enough. You have to learn to use the rules to your best advantage, and learn to recognize where rules can be used to leverage a situation.

For example, it's easy to learn how to damage rail roads, but learning when and where it is most profitable to damage rail roads is an entirely different animal.

If you and your friend can approach the challenge with good will and humor, I think it will be a great way to learn the game Image

Return to “Civil War II”