Stupid Question

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

Viking67

Stupid Question

Post by Viking67 »

How to you load a saved game?

When I restore a game, the file is from the end of the previous turn. If I issue orders and manually save the game, how do I load this game file?
Killer B
Captain_Orso

RE: Stupid Question

Post by Captain_Orso »

Go to the Main Menu, click on Load, select the save of the scenario you are running--it's helpful if you've given the scenario you are playing a significant name, but also pay attention to the save date and time, and turn number and game date--, select which side you wish to play, and click Play.
Viking67

Post by Viking67 »

Any body...
Killer B
Symple

Post by Symple »

As Captain_Orso says.
bobarossa

Post by bobarossa »

Actually I don't believe that's true. AGEOD uses a very strange save game system. If he has already processed the turn, there is no going back to the manually saved, pre-processed turn. CW2 has only one slot for each turn and the latest save attempt is stored there. This slot is used up when he processes the turn. Of course it's been a while since I've played so I could be wrong. It's also possible that CW2 saves the turn/orders just before processing but that would include all the orders issues since the manual save attempt.

never mind, I was assuming the OP had processed the turn but he doesn't say that.
Captain_Orso

Post by Captain_Orso »

No, that's not true. Each scenario you start has a number of previous turns saved. The number is at least 3, but up to 12, depending on what you set in Options -> System -> Previous Turns saved.

Saves contain the .hst file, which is the complete status of the game after the previous turns execution, or after starting a new scenario, and an .ord file for each actively played faction. Each time you click to save your orders, and each time you click to proceed to the next turn, your current orders are saved into your faction's .ord file.

So if you return to a previous turn, you will have the .hst file from the turn executed before that, and the .ord file with your orders, which you saved before executing the previous turn. If you want to discard ALL of those orders, you will have to use a file manager to navigate to the 'Saves' folder of the scenario in question, and manually remove the .ord file for your faction. If you only want to change some orders, you just do the same as during any planing session while issuing orders.

Return to “Civil War II”