'True Ground SR1' - Scenarios & OOBs

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

RebBugler

Post by RebBugler »

This past year SOW former team members along with veteran SOW modders have cooperated in creating 32+6 new and revised Gettysburg scenarios that feature SR1 (1:1 sprite to soldier ratio) play. Here's the link to this thread at the NSD forum:

Designer - Scourge of War
RebBugler

RE: 'True Ground SR1' - Scenarios & OOBs

Post by RebBugler »

With the addition of MarkT's nine mile Gettysburg map in 2021, the full battle of Gettysburg is now represented with 74 scenarios.

Including...
Gettysburg Days Three and Four, an alt-history 'Rebel Heyday Victory' set of nine scenarios.

Then, for the finale, the Yanks get their alt-history 'Heyday' with Meade's 'Full Offensive' set of five scenarios following 'The Pettigrew, Pickett, Trimble Attack', giving the Federals a chance to destroy The Army of Northern Virginia.

Both 'Heyday' series are comprised of multiple carryover scenarios, providing for days, if not weeks, of American Civil War 'What If' immersion.
-pag-

Post by -pag- »

Thanks I have been following this awesome project. You mentioned MarkT’s nine mile map 2021.
Is this the “ The True Ground Map -Gettysburg-The Big picture” that is in the link above?
RebBugler

Post by RebBugler »

ORIGINAL: -pag-

Thanks I have been following this awesome project. You mentioned MarkT’s nine mile map 2021.
Is this the “ The True Ground Map -Gettysburg-The Big picture” that is in the link above?

The link is provided via that post, along with several other mod links that require or enhance this set of scenarios. But to clarify, here's a direct link to that 9 mile map that's necessary for SR1 play:
True Ground Maps - Gettysburg - The Big Picture
RebBugler

Re: 'True Ground SR1' - Scenarios & OOBs

Post by RebBugler »

This is an IM post from a new NSD member that can't post messages yet on the NSD forum due to NSD website issues. I'm posting it here so at least this user can benefit from any feedback Matrix folks can provide, and also so marenghino can reply back.

marenghino's Questions:
Because it’s not possible to post on the forum, I still need some help from you to understand the points still unclear to me:
- About SR1 mod and “True Ground Terrain Extra v_2” mod: should I activate it or not? if yes, what does it offer more ? Could I use it also in non-SR1 scenarios/maps?
As far as I know, this mod is completely compatible with the SR1 mod, I really don't know about other mods or maps. Maybe Jolly will chime in about this. You'll have to just test it out yourself, and see if you like its texture changes. Frankly, I only tested, but don't include this mod when I play or test SR1 scenarios because I include an earlier mod, also by Jolly, within the B&F mod, which I use always, that has similar texture treatments. Bottom line for me: Jolly's texture treatments for the various maps are second to none.
- Still about SR1 mod, I have a doubt: is it correct that I cannot play it with Couriers? Because when I order through the “C”-key interface nothing happens; the courier start running and reaches the recipient, but afterward the courier disappear and nothing more happens … I mean no orders flowing to the subordinates of the recipient
I avoid answering most courier questions because I've only tested them a little and don't play with them because they slow down game-play. I think the game is slow enough, and design my scenarios for the timeline that the game-speed (sans couriers) demands, or requires for the scoring to be practicable. Hopefully someone will chime in regarding this question and help you out.
Here is the mods I use for SR1 and the priority list, it should be the correct priority:

Mod: E:\ANDA-PROGS\Mods\GB Stock Scenarios Mod Enabled
Mod: E:\ANDA-PROGS\Mods\4K Packed Artillery,Cavalry,et al
Mod: E:\ANDA-PROGS\Mods\Bugles & Flags XIX
Mod: E:\ANDA-PROGS\Mods\TC2M SOW Infantry Mod
Mod: E:\ANDA-PROGS\Mods\True Ground Maps - Gettysburg - The Big Picture
Mod: E:\ANDA-PROGS\Mods\True Ground SR1
Mod: E:\ANDA-PROGS\Mods\True Ground SR1 II
Mod: E:\ANDA-PROGS\Mods\BloodBath VI
Mod: E:\ANDA-PROGS\Mods\TC2M SOW Infantry SR1
Perfect!
If you want to add the 'True Ground Terrain Extra v_2' mod I'm pretty sure the bottom-most priority position is preferable.
Two other short questions not related to SR1:
- If I play a sandbox and I like it very much (starting points, etc) is there a way to save it as a Scenario, so I can play it again in the future? I searched in the forum but did not find a solution to it
To continue a sandbox play is an easy and fast scenario mod to build:
1) Start and play your sandbox selection (For SR1 play change 'Sprite Ratio' to =1). Key 3 at the point you wish to play-on from, then quit or close game.
2) Go to Work/Scenarios, then open the Sandbox folder. Check the modified date on the files and check that they have been indeed created recently, as per your Key 3 command.
3) Close the Sandbox folder and copy it if it passes muster.
4) At this point you can either choose to make it a stand-alone scenario, or include it into a mod you're using that includes a Scenarios folder. The latter is easiest because once you paste it into the Scenarios folder all you have to do is change the name 'Sandbox' into a name that you desire, as long as it's different from all other scenario names you have enabled. It will then be found in 'User Scenarios' once you start the game.
5) If you know what you're doing, you can eventually edit your custom scenario's files. For an easy start, edit who will be your officer (ME) in the scenario.ini file. You will find the alignment of rank numbers in the scenario.csv file.
I think I got this right; it's been years since I've built a scenario like this. Regardless, I'll fix this procedure if it's deemed kaput. Let me know folks.
- I like very much you B&F toolbar and I could not play without it; but is there a way to let just ME (your unit in the game) run with a keyboard key, so not using the toolbar tooltip ? I ask you that because if I press “R” all the subordinate units run too …
Simple fix...Go into the Work folder, open the Keyboard.csv file. Go down to line 38 and change Arun to run. Save and close. Now you've discovered your keyboard edit potential...Edit away.
A great thank you for your help
marenghino

Re: 'True Ground SR1' - Scenarios & OOBs

Post by marenghino »

Hi all

about the point "Couriers", I checked better and:
- GB1-01btn does not work with couriers; as I wrote the recipient receive the message through courier, but he does not send new couriers to his subordinates
- GB1-04btn couriers work as they should
- GB1-08btn couriers work as they should

so in my three tests, only the first scenario has problems; my question is if there is something "special" in the dynamics of the first scenario... maybe it is related with the sentence (that I read in the briefing) that "all messages go to Lee" ?
Just to better understand

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”