Just Bought Antietam But There Is A Problem

Scourge of War is the definitive American Civil War grand tactical wargame of this generation. With impressive 3D graphics, an award-winning AI, pausable real-time play, historical battlefield terrain and orders of battle down to the regiment and battery level, Scourge of War captures the tactical challenges that faced the real Union and Confederate commanders more than 130 years ago.

This forum covers the main game Gettysburg and its two expansions Antietam, Pipe Creek, and Chancellorsville!

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

canuckgamer

Just Bought Antietam But There Is A Problem

Post by canuckgamer »

I just bought the Antietam DLC and started up a couple of scenarios to make sure it worked. My version of SOW Gettysburg is 1.61 and I am running Windows 7.

Three of the six scenarios I looked at, specifically The Cornfield, Clear Grit and Old Jackson's Let Wing have pitch black pano as if the scenario took place at night. I took a screenshot but it is 981 KB so too large to upload. Anyone else experiencing this and how do I fix it? I haven't checked out other scenarios yet. Thanks.
zakblood

RE: Just Bought Antietam But There Is A Problem

Post by zakblood »

my guide is for windows 10, but it also mentions what's needed regarding compatibility settings and what else is needed for the game, it may help?

tm.asp?m=4099339

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

Thanks for the quick reply Zakblood. I started the Cornfield scenario and let it run and the scenario actually starts before sunrise so my mistake as I assume it is the same situation for the other scenarios I mentioned.

I did however notice something else and that is the graphic quality of the terrain in Antietam is not very good compared to Gettysburg. It actually looks like a Google Earth map close up, lots of rectangular pixels. If you have Antietam I am wondering how it looks on your PC compared to Gettysburg. Is there an graphics options for Antietam that I am not aware of?

I have taken a couple of screenshots which illustrate the difference between the two games. Is there another place that I could send these for you to view as they are both over 1 MB. If not, how can Ireduce them to 200 KB?
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

you'd need to host them, either google or one drive etc, or any of the free picture post sites
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

I just had a look at Antietam on You Tube and the terrain and sky graphics on the poster's replay is much better than my install of Antietam. His graphics look like my Gettysburg graphics. The unit graphics on my install of Antietam look ok but the terrain is definitely inferior to my Gettysburg install. I looked at the Matrix update and patches section and I noticed that there was a 1.61 patch for Chancellorsville but not Antietam. I wonder if that is the issue? I am going to try and post at Google and if successful, will let you know.

canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

If anyone wants to see the difference in graphics, I was able to post two screenshots at Norbsoft forums. Here is the link.

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/40-dis ... etam#78230
canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

The problem with the graphics in the Antietam add on is because it is version 1.50 whereas Gettsyburg is version 1.61. Matrix Games did put out a 1.61 patch for Chancellorsville but not Antietam. Hopefully they update Antietam.
Snowbart1943

Post by Snowbart1943 »

ORIGINAL: canuckgamer

The problem with the graphics in the Antietam add on is because it is version 1.50 whereas Gettsyburg is version 1.61. Matrix Games did put out a 1.61 patch for Chancellorsville but not Antietam. Hopefully they update Antietam.

I just stumbled across this....I had been considering buying Antietam after just buying and enjoying Chancellorsville. I see that there is no 1.61 patch. Is this a deal breaker, or does it all function completely fine but the graphics are a little degraded? Thank you.
RebBugler

Post by RebBugler »

Here's a fixed link to that discusssion at the NorbSoft forum:
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php/ku ... etam#78230

From that discussion the graphics issue can be fixed with a mod that's readily available, it's about a ground texture that didn't get upgraded. To me its no biggie, easily fixed and improved by one terrain mod, and the mod's author, Jolly, is still active on the forum.
Designer - Scourge of War
saltjunkie

Post by saltjunkie »

The links to that mod are no longer available. Do you have it to upload, or perhaps a link that works? Thanks.

Return to “Scourge of War Gettysburg Series”