BG Editors

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.
hueglin

BG Editors

Post by hueglin »

I downloaded the editors for both BG series from John Tiller's site but they will not run because they can't find the CD. Anyone know of a way to work around this?
alaric318

RE: BG Editors

Post by alaric318 »

greetings, a way to work the editors is to make a separate directory and place the editors files, then copy the module directory to edit on the editor directory, then copy from the game that have the module all files that are bitmaps and all the files with have extension x.bit, then you can start the editor and have to select the module or modules installed, note that you may need one editor directory for each game that you want to edit some module/scenario, it works for me, hope as well works for you,

best regards,

alarick.
There is no plan of battle that survives the contact with the enemy.
hueglin

Post by hueglin »

Thanks alarik,

I'll give it a try.

Dave
dalelast

Post by dalelast »

The editor with Chickamauga works with all the other CW games. Just copy the cwedit files (cwedit.exe, cwedit.cnt, and cwedit.hlp) to each game.

Dale
chrisp

Post by chrisp »

OK, how I can't seem to get the old Napoleonic Editor to work. Have the old editor (which I used many times in the past), have all the old CDs, but I keep getting an error saying there's an mistake in the Main.map file.

The cw editor seems to work, but the Napoleonic editor is a no go. Any ideas?

I'm running Vista, if that's an issue.

Chris P.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”