Do the Battleground games work in Win10?

John Tiller's Battleground Series is a Hall of Fame lineup of games covering the Civil War and Napoleonic Wars. We've compiled these classic games into two new affordable collections, incorporating updated versions of these legendary titles. Incredible historical gameplay and great value!
Artaud

Do the Battleground games work in Win10?

Post by Artaud »

I bought and enjoyed several of the Civil War and Napoleonic Battleground games back in the day. I tried to install one of them recently, but I see that they won't even install in Win10.

Several are available from Matrix as a bundle. But reading over this part of the forum, it's not clear to me that they actually install and run in Win10. I read the "Windows 10 compatibility testing" threads, but I don't understand any of what was written. Do the games work without the player having to jump through numerous hoops? If I have to reconfigure this, delete that, download the other, it's just not worth my time. I'm in my 60s and wasted enough time trying to get games to run back in the DOS days.

I just want to load a game and play it after a long, tiring day staring at my screen doing work stuff.

I really enjoyed these games back in the day.
zakblood

RE: Do the Battleground games work in Win10?

Post by zakblood »

they work straight out of the box as shown

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4072835
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Artaud

Post by Artaud »

Thank you. Do I have to do anything other than "Run as administrator"?
Artaud

Post by Artaud »

Is anyone else playing these games? Just wondering if "run as administrator" is all I need. Also, does the sound work? Does the little video play when you do assaults?
carll11

Post by carll11 »

yes and yes and yes...
Artaud

Post by Artaud »

ORIGINAL: carll11

yes and yes and yes...

I eventually bought a couple games directly from the John Tiller website in the hope that they will be more up to date. Thank you anyway.

Return to “John Tiller's Battleground Series”