Leaders and Command

John Tiller's Battleground Series is a Hall of Fame lineup of games covering the Civil War and Napoleonic Wars. We've compiled these classic games into two new affordable collections, incorporating updated versions of these legendary titles. Incredible historical gameplay and great value!
Medicusa

Leaders and Command

Post by Medicusa »

Hi,

I am playing Napoleonic Battles right now and plan to play Civil Wars too but I got a huge problem with the very basics in the game, how do Leaders and Command really work? The website simply states "Command refers to the influence leaders have over the state of the forces under their command. Good use of Command will result in units being better able to move and fight, while Command failures will result in reduced capabilities.". After this it only explains how one leader gives a quality bonus to another. It does not explain at all how a leader gives a bonus to his fighting units and what this bonus exactly is. Here are my concrete questions:
What is the command range for a leader in which he still gives a bonus to his soldiers (not the command range for one leader to give a quality check bonus to another leader)?

What is this bonus? Does movement of a unit cost less if a leader is in the same stack, OOB or just in range? I couldnt observe any of this but maybe there is a trick.

What exactly is the combat bonus a leader gives and again what is the range in which he grants it? All I could see so far is that in melee a leader is mentioned when in the same hex.

So basically I have no clue how leaders work aside from the morale point where it clearly states you only rally and organize units when stacked with them.

Since leaders make a huge part of this game it would be great to have some basic infos about them :-)

Thanks
Chris

Return to “John Tiller's Battleground Series”