Scenarios Possible?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, campaign design and general game modding. You can also post your scenarios and modifications here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, PyleDriver

Killjoy12

Scenarios Possible?

Post by Killjoy12 »

General question - is it possible to create scenarios for this game? If so, is it possible to create smaller engagements - at say - a theater level? I find the scale of the game to be very large to tackle on a first try.
bigus

RE: Scenarios Possible?

Post by bigus »

I would love to see some theatre scenarios!

bigus
Pford

Post by Pford »

Or expanding the current campaign back to April, 61. For that satisfying feeling of completeness.[;)]
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

I don't know of any easy way to change the game to only deal with one area of the map. Certainly not with the AI. There are ways you could make it so that units could not move out of certain places on the map, and all the factories and population could be taken from those areas. So someone could do a theater scenario for two player play, but think the AI would not get it and would play terribly (if at all).
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

Ok - fair enough. Thanks
bigus

Post by bigus »

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings
There are ways you could make it so that units could not move out of certain places on the map, and all the factories and population could be taken from those areas.

How is this done? Regions.dat?

Bigus
bigus

Post by bigus »

To change the Date to April go to the scendat61.txt file in the "Dat" folder. The start date is at the top of the txt file. Change the 7 to a 4. The scenario should start in April.

I also have a working Missouri scenario up and running.
Seems the AI is not doing that bad. I have to sort out some leaders and I'll post it in a day or so.
bigus

Post by bigus »

Here is a beta Missouri scenario.

Extract the file and place in (Your drive letter):\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's War Between the States\dat

Updated 01_25_09.
Attachments
Missouri_v1.zip
(28.87 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”