WBTS Can't install in Windows 7

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, PyleDriver

XLegion

WBTS Can't install in Windows 7

Post by XLegion »

Subject says it all. I can't even install the game. I have a brand new Gateway Compute with Windows 7. When I click on the install file the system hangs and will not end even when I use Task Manager.

I looked at the articles that Matrix suggests for Windows Vista but there are of no help. Microsoft assumes that your program is installed and that their 'help wizard' will get you going. But if I can't install it, what can I do?

I really like this game but it seems every damn time I 'upgrade' with Microsoft I end up throwing out software.

Any help appreciated,

G. Collins

m10bob

RE: WBTS Can't install in Windows 7

Post by m10bob »

Same just happened to me..Please note the date I am posting this, and it seems prior poster did not get an answer??

Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

I wonder if XLegion ever figured out how to install the game or if he just had to get a new copy of the game. You could try posting a dxdiag for your computer and contact Matrix in case it's a disk issue. I don't know of any problems with windows 7 other than this one report.

XLegion hasn't logged in since June 14, so I don't think we'll get any help from him on this.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
AndyG1

Post by AndyG1 »

Try disabling UAC (User Access Control) before downloading. Also disable your virus-scanner (which could be throwing a random "wobbler" installing something it doesn't know about). See how it goes then. I have Win 7 64 bit, and always have UAC turned off as it's a pain!
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

TY gents..Just seems everytime microsoft "upgrades", gamers get thrown in the alley.....Of course this game and SPWAW HAD been working fine for me on Win7 earlier......

Return to “Tech Support”