Best of the three Strategic Civil War Games

From the legendary team at 2 by 3 Games comes a new grand strategy masterpiece: Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States. Taking gamers back to the American Civil War, this innovative grand strategy game allows players to experience the trials and tribulations of the role of commander-in-chief for either side. Historically accurate, detailed and finely balanced for realistic gameplay, War Between the States is also easy to play and does not take months to finish.

Moderators: Joel Billings, PyleDriver

GreyCamus1

Best of the three Strategic Civil War Games

Post by GreyCamus1 »

While i dont think anyone has captured the Strategic Civil War in a PC game(Frank Hunter came close), I do think Grigsby's game is the best by far, I do like Forge of Freedom, but because the resolution cant be adjusted its garbage now. The one thing i could not stand with WBtS was the map. While it certainly was pretty, by no means does pretty translate to a efficient functional map. so i decided to play with the map to make it more my cup of tea

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (364.8 KiB) Viewed 536 times
GreyCamus1

RE: Best of the three Strategic Civil War Games

Post by GreyCamus1 »

I should add that i did take advantage of Bo Beauregard's Nato counter mod, just changed the colors a bit to show clearer on the map
ryan1488

RE: Best of the three Strategic Civil War Games

Post by ryan1488 »

resolution is a little frustrating but I would say its far from garbage. nice map!

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War Between the States”