ARR III

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: Gil R.

Hard Sarge

RE: ARR III

Post by Hard Sarge »

Ahhhh

still lost 10000 men !, ran like a coward but think I got the troops away, then Lee and HARDee show up, along with another odd Div

128,000 CSA vs 189,000 Union

now I make him pay
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

ahhh man

suppost to be riverine and riverine, but got forts !

this one is really going to be a bear

Attachments
fudge.jpg
fudge.jpg (151.05 KiB) Viewed 269 times
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Since any second now someone is going to point out that the numbers 128,000 CSA vs 189,000 Union are wildly off in terms of historical accuracy, and belong in a Napoleonic game, I'll point out that the number of troops who can be fighting in a battle is limited, so even if the armies are 128K and 189K, the battle itself will only involve 70K or some such number. (I can't remember what the number is, but it's based on the upper limit of actual Civil War battles.)
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
RERomine

Post by RERomine »

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Since any second now someone is going to point out that the numbers 128,000 CSA vs 189,000 Union are wildly off in terms of historical accuracy, and belong in a Napoleonic game, I'll point out that the number of troops who can be fighting in a battle is limited, so even if the armies are 128K and 189K, the battle itself will only involve 70K or some such number. (I can't remember what the number is, but it's based on the upper limit of actual Civil War battles.)

Don't keep it too historically accurate or the Confederacy will always lose [:)]

The numbers didn't actually bother me, because it was possible to have armies that size during the Civil War. I think the vast territory involved in the United States kept them smaller, but during the game a player might want to concentrate a large quantity of troops in one area to form a steam roller of an army.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

I ended up winning the battle, half way though, I turned the battle over to the AI, as I was getting burned out

it was bloody

but the Union retreated back into Ann, and pounded my 2 Divs that had ran there, so in the end, the Union won two major battles, and I won 3 major or better battles

the Unions NW is dropping, believe it was -4, with mine up to 6 or 8 (thought it was 6 the turn before ?)

I expected the Union to come back at me, so I reinforced my troops there, but the Union moved it's main army into Fredericksburg

which sounds good to me, so I have moved all of my troops back home (my Arty have taken major losses and my Cav needs rest) so a battle on my land sounds good right now

Attachments
nasty.jpg
nasty.jpg (163.26 KiB) Viewed 269 times
siRkid

Post by siRkid »

Ok you've sold me. I'll add this game to my list.[:D]
Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Good, I think you will enjoy it :)

okay newer verison

I think I need to pull all the tricks out if I am to win this one

the Union has moved into the Cumberland River with 790000 men, I have 15000 there and have called for another 10000 to come help

oh my

Johnson, better be a sneaky bugger

I think I may have a good area to defend, but would rather have some hills !!!!

Attachments
nvcumberland.jpg
nvcumberland.jpg (178.61 KiB) Viewed 270 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Buggers

now they doing night attacks, overall I am giveing better then I am taking, but the idea was to stand back and fight, not get close and dirty

only 6000 of the 10000 made it, and 2 of them are not worth much

Attachments
nvcumberland1.jpg
nvcumberland1.jpg (161.68 KiB) Viewed 269 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

the night battle was bad, the daylight looks like it is going to get worse, but now, my Lorenz's will be able to sound off

not that I expect that to do much good

Attachments
nvcumberland11.jpg
nvcumberland11.jpg (185.47 KiB) Viewed 269 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

now, that was a long battle, lasted all 3 days, bloody and mean, but while not pretty, I pulled it off

to the good, most of the troops lost were Garrison troops, but to there honor, they fought and fought to the last man, with out them, I would not of stood a chance

Attachments
cumberland1111.jpg
cumberland1111.jpg (146.54 KiB) Viewed 269 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Just a odd battle, but I enjoyed it

my Div has 2 muskets and the rest had IWs which means, I not got much of a chance

but when I got the chance to pick the terrain, this is what I was hoping for, a nice hill

got the Muskets to the flanks a little bit, but they will only be able to hit something comes in close

the Union troops that tried to come in close, got hammered, and then I was able to shuffle my troops around each time the Union came close, soon, the Union looked over the defence and gave up

which would say, the Union did not really have any weapons with any range either, so they could not sit back and fire away

Attachments
Ilikethisone.jpg
Ilikethisone.jpg (178.88 KiB) Viewed 269 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

opps should explain a little more

Bee was able to move forward and get a flank attack in, and then Johnson who is behind Bee was able to take his place and fire his muskets into the Union
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

It's worth noting that you can finally see the battlefield smoke. It's been in the game all along, but the link to the relevant graphics files was off a bit. That's been fixed, so now you get to see the battlefield fill with smoke, which can eventually affect the troops' sighting.

One of our tech upgrades is smokeless powder, which avoids that problem.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

LOL
I was waiting for some one to ask what was wrong with my picture :)

I still waiting to see my big boomers to show off
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

if it works once

now this time, my back row has Richmound Musket, Whitworth (sharpshooter skill) and a Enfields, front row is 2 muskets and another Richmound Musket, the backside Bde is a Garrison armed with a Springfield

Attachments
Ilikethisone1.jpg
Ilikethisone1.jpg (179.26 KiB) Viewed 269 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

and don't give me a idea

the AoP has attacked, and the ANV is a little shy of troops, well, not too shy :)

this ended up being the strong defence I have ever seen or made

of course, I almost got too greedy and charged out of my lines too soon, but, I took my time on my movement, and was able to hold my ground with the next wave tried to wash over me

Attachments
strongd.jpg
strongd.jpg (198.85 KiB) Viewed 266 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

as you can, I got 4 Bdes in reserves, along with 2 Bdes of Cav,I got 3 suppy wagons that can reach almost the whole battle line

most of the front line is Muskets while the hill line is Minnies and there is a 6 pounder on the hill top

Attachments
strongdandsmoky.jpg
strongdandsmoky.jpg (189.11 KiB) Viewed 266 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

the troops have been called forth, the Cav is taking it's time waiting for the right momment to get into action

you also get to see how the front line gets covered in smoke

Attachments
strongda..nchline.jpg
strongda..nchline.jpg (178.04 KiB) Viewed 266 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

and the last shot is just to show what the defence really looked like
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

this was a good fun battle, in the open with the CSA on the attack and the Union on defence

Robert E and HARDee's Corps are on the move, the Pride of the CSA has moved into Ohio

first day is spent moving the forces to contact and the once the enemy has been found, digging in and starting the battle

Roberts two Arty Bdes reach the battle line just before night begins to fall and fire off a couple of vollies to let the Union know that there time in limited

HARDee sends a note to Jeff, that he would like to have some Arty too, hell, that upstart Cooper has 3 Bdes of guns, not to mention the 2 seige batteys he keeps bragging about (of course, HARDee is not to going to give Cooper his due, since 2 of those Bdes were Union and the cost in Capturing them was high)

as soon as the sun sets, the CSA begins to move forward and then dig in again

(this is the south of the battle, Robert's area)

Attachments
southofbattle.jpg
southofbattle.jpg (197.79 KiB) Viewed 266 times

Return to “After Action Reports”