Containers reset after each turn

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderator: Gil R.

GunAssassinX29

Containers reset after each turn

Post by GunAssassinX29 »

Hi there! Not sure if anyone is still around don't this forum, but I can't tell if this is an issue or not.
As soon as I hit 1862 in the July '61 scenario, anytime I move a division, corps, etc, they reset after clicking the end turn button.

the AI (in my case the CSA) continue to move about and attack my locations. After the turn is over, I refill the containers, move them, and repeat after clicking end turn again.

Is this a bug? Can the USA not have corps and such until March of '62 (historically)?

Any help appreciated!
DEB

Re: Containers reset after each turn

Post by DEB »

Post deleted due to Windows 7 error ( posted before I had finished ) !!
Last edited by DEB on Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEB

Post by DEB »

Sorry about the delay in replying, I was really hoping someone else could help...

As I understand the game system, you need to reissue any orders previously issued, on each subsequent turn ( presuming they have not yet been completed ). Why this becomes an issue in 1862 only, I do not know ! Perhaps all of your orders during 1861 got carried out in one turn and your 1862 orders cannot be, as any moves are over four provinces ( the turn limit ) in length ? Can you clarify what you mean by "reset" here ?

In order to put units into a container, they do need to be in the same Province ( area ) as the destination container...

NB : 2 USA "Armies" exist at 7/61 ( Missouri and NE Virginia ) , so I do not think this is the issue here.
DEB

Post by DEB »

Further thoughts :

It could be that you are now ( 1862 ) trying to put too many units or the wrong type of units, into a particular container :-

Armies can only contain containers with Corps, Corps can only contain containers with Divisions, Divisions can only contain containers with Brigades ( Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery ).

No container is allowed to contain the same kind of container unit as itself.

USA Armies can contain a maximum of 35 Brigades, USA Corps can contain a maximum of 15 Brigades and USA Divisions can contain a maximum of 5 Brigades.

All Armies have a maximum limit of 8 troop units directly attached, irrespective of the unit ( Corp, Division or Brigade ) type.

Return to “Forge of Freedom - Support”