Voting on 100-percenters (please read before voting)

This subforum is devoted to discussing and establishing proper ratings for the database of 1000 Civil War generals and preparing brief bios of them.

Moderator: Gil R.

Gil R.

Voting on 100-percenters (please read before voting)

Post by Gil R. »

There is a large number of candidates for 100-percenter and 25-percenter status (that is, generals who will enter every game, or a quarter of the games one plays), so there will first be voting to determine who the additional six 100-percenters (4 CSA, 2 USA) should be. Multiple votes are allowed by the Matrix forum's programming, so that shouldn't be a problem -- just choose any general who is worthy of elevation to 100-percenter status. Ideally, you should choose 2 USA and 4 CSA generals, but it is okay to vote for more; however, keep in mind that if you vote for more than 2 USA and 4 CSA generals you will be diluting your votes somewhat. Because of the large number of generals, it is necessary to divide the candidates up into several poll threads, so before voting look over the list of candidates below.

Union Candidates:
William S. Rosencrans, Joshua L. Chamberlain, John Buford (has cavalry rating), Gouverneur K. Warren, Winfield S. Hancock, John Gibbon, John F. Reynolds, Oliver O. Howard, Nathaniel Lyon, John C. Fremont, Franz Sigel, Hugh Judson Kilpatrick (has cavalry rating), Wesley Merritt (has cavalry rating), Daniel Sickles, Benjamin F. Butler, Nathaniel Banks, Henry Halleck, Don Carlos Buell, James B. McPherson, John Sedgwick (perhaps should have cavalry rating), Edward Ord, David Hunter (perhaps should have cavalry rating), David M. Gregg (has cavalry rating), George A. Custer (has cavalry rating)

Confederate Candidates:
Richard S. Ewell (has cavalry rating), John B. Hood, Louis T. Wigfall, Felix Zollicoffer, J. Johnston Pettigrew, Patrick R. Cleburne, John H. Morgan (has cavalry rating), A.P. Hill, D.H. Hill, Lafayette McLaws, Wade Hampton (has cavalry rating), Joseph Wheeler (has cavalry rating), Richard H. Anderson

I'll let voting go into Tuesday, and then I will announce the winners, and we can figure out their respective ratings over the rest of the week

Thank you for participating!
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Gil R.

RE: Voting on 100-percenters (please read before voting)

Post by Gil R. »

P.S. Feel free to argue for and against your choices in this thread.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Gil R.

RE: Voting on 100-percenters (please read before voting)

Post by Gil R. »

Just so everyone knows, the polls will close tomorrow afternoon, and I'll start tallying the votes for the different generals' ratings. This will be done while watching the two post-season baseball games, so people have until 4:30 EST to vote (unless there's a rain delay in Detroit, I guess).

Return to “Generals' Ratings”