AAR - News from the Front.

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

Greyhunterlp

RE: News from the Front.

Post by Greyhunterlp »

Ah, nothing like pulling defeat kicking and screaming from the jaws of victory.
well, if the Union let me settle down, we can have another crack at it come spring, expect another couple of monthly newspapers rushing through winter.

and thanks for all the good coments, i like to know that people are enjoying all my work.
Where I Go, Chaos Follows
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

Once again nothing happening beyond behind the scenes stuff,
I plan to rebuild as much as possible before deciding how to attack come spring.
marecone

Post by marecone »

Great stuff as usuall. I really hoped that you will lose few battles so you can countinue this AAR in to next year.
How are you standing in victories? Stats? Can you provide those info? It doesn'tneed to be in newspaper form. I am just curious how you do.

Godspeed
"I have never, on the field of battle, sent you where I was unwilling to go myself; nor would I now advise you to a course which I felt myself unwilling to pursue."

Nathan Bedford Forrest
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

I've done some quick stats for you, but i don't really want to break characture and post none modded shots, at least until the end, i'm impressed with the british diplomacy, 4 points in 4 turns.
  And before anyone askes, thats Queen Vick from 1865, not the 1880's version most people see.
marecone

Post by marecone »

Fantastic as usuall. Thanks for the stats.
"I have never, on the field of battle, sent you where I was unwilling to go myself; nor would I now advise you to a course which I felt myself unwilling to pursue."

Nathan Bedford Forrest
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

on a bit of a burn, i've got the day off to sort moving house stuff, so i'll try and get another turn done later on.

Edited so as not to post the same turn again
me = muppet
jkBluesman

Post by jkBluesman »

Nice photos, I like the relaunch.
"War is the field of chance."
Carl von Clausewitz
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

ORIGINAL: jkBluesman

Nice photos, I like the relaunch.

google is my friend.

also 1 photo = 1000 words, and I have nothing to type about during the winter.
hgilmer

Post by hgilmer »

This has been an excellent AAR.  
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

hey, less of the been ;)
marecone

Post by marecone »

I am just curious here; what kind of siege do you do? Encircle, attack or what? I always go with encircle as I hate loosing so many men.

Keep up the good job

Nathan Bedford Forrest
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

lest we forget.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

McClellan has died!

I'm not sure which is more amazing -- that that happened, or that he was still in command in early 1864...
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

well I've got random generals on, so he may have been some use, but the rate the Unions been loosing Army commanders, I doubt it, hes most likly the best of  a bad bunch, but yeah, wounded, wounded, killed. the RNG had it in for him.... or maybe it was the division of spencer weilding rebs that surrounded his brigade. (thats him in the top of the picture of the battle.) - looking back on it, I should have kept a record of the Union CnC's, but it would be a page long post by itself.

Just to let you know, Updates are going to get spotty for a bit, I'm moving house, with all the nightmares that that entails. but i should be able to sneek the odd turn out here and there. but I can't promise anything.

Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Moving is hell. And the worst thing from my own recent move is that because of the way the movers loaded my truck my "Forge of Freedom" mug was broken!!!

I forgot that you were using randomized generals.

It's been suggested that we add to FOF a screen that lists all of the generals wounded and killed during the course of a game. I definitely like the idea, so I hope that we implement it down the road, perhaps in the expansion pack.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
jkBluesman

Post by jkBluesman »

ORIGINAL: Gil R.
It's been suggested that we add to FOF a screen that lists all of the generals wounded and killed during the course of a game. I definitely like the idea, so I hope that we implement it down the road, perhaps in the expansion pack.

That would be great. And maybe it could be possible to read the bios of the wounded and killed generals, so that playing the CSA you could read about US commanders and vis versa.
"War is the field of chance."
Carl von Clausewitz
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

Sickness leads to an update, I may get another done today, if my head stops spinning. its fine, as long as i don't stand up....
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

these truly must be the latter days of lore.

****slighly hulinatory comments should be disregarded, author will surly be regretting posting two turn by this time tommorow***
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

The End is in sight, I'll tyr and playthrough on weds, as I'm moving at the weekend, and I think this has gone on long enough.

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”