AAR - News from the Front.

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

Greyhunterlp

RE: News from the Front.

Post by Greyhunterlp »

Where I Go, Chaos Follows
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

Very Quiet turn. :/
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

just to let you all know that some problems with the game are slwoing me down - I've had to refight the turn twice so far and i've still not got the AAr finished - it keeps crashing on Alt-tabbing so all I've done is lost.

VERY annoying, but i'm sure i'll get through it at some point.
Drex

Post by Drex »

Sounds like there are two battles going on.[X(]
Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

Third time lucky.
jkBluesman

Post by jkBluesman »

Were the results different from the first two attempts?
"War is the field of chance."
Carl von Clausewitz
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

ORIGINAL: jkBluesman

Were the results different from the first two attempts?

yes in that I withdrew the Army in the West much sooner. in the second turn the battle ended up as a 10,000 lossed on each side Union victory. this time I saw that i wasn't going to be able to win the battle as most of the Union force was on the far side of the town, and my lines would break up and get hammered.

I thought about redoing the turn completely to avoid the battle, but that was far to much like cheating, I made a bad choice, and now I have to live by it.

In the East though it was quite different - in the second turn the battle I got to involved at least three Union divisions, instead of the one, and was turning into a proper battle rather than the mass surrounding you see above.
chadandpia

Post by chadandpia »

<--- wonders what happened to Grey and his wonder AAR [:D]
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Yeah. Someone get the Sergeant-at-Arms and have him dragged back here.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Rabbitman

Post by Rabbitman »

I just found this and even tho it's a quart to 1am and I have work tomorrow,&nbsp; I just couldn't stop reading~!
&nbsp;
The quality is simply unmatched in ANY game report I have EVER seen and it's just such a pleasure to read.
&nbsp;
I thank you for creating this.[&o]
Pride of the League
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

"Good Burger"?!?
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
chadandpia

Post by chadandpia »

Well, Grey Hunter ... I've heard of building up anticipation for something but almost 2 months since your last AAR update? Makes me a sad puppy .. it was just soooo good. :)
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

Hi Guys.

Sorry, but this is on indefinate hold at the moment, for a couple of reasons, one being that Vista doesn't like me alt tabbing between the game and photoshop. playing a battle only to have the game crash after an hour of work is a little soul destroying. I could work past it, but my personal life has gone a little manic, and I currently don't have the time or inclination to battle through the problems.

that said, the games still on my HD, the saves still intact and all the files are there, so I'll probibly get back to it at some point, just not for a while

I'm glad you enjoyed it. and I really do intent to compleate it at some point, its just that I don't have the time. but by that point I'm going to need to re-read the thing just to refresh myself ;)&nbsp;
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

OK. I Lied.

I got to thinking about this last night, and I thought to myself - thats just quitting! that and my Girlfriends abandoning me to see her family for two weeks, and I have one of those weeks off myself, now seems like a good time to get back to it.
that and some of the new updates in the last month seem to have solved some of the Alt-tab problems i was having. so here it is. turn 19!

not promising how long this will last. but I can at least give it a go.

Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

Its like the bloody busses. you wait months for one, then two turn up at once.

(for those americans reading, this is a slight exaggeration, in the Uk, you do not have to wait months for a bus to turn up, they normally arrive within a couple of weeks)

Also, although the writers of Forge of Freedom are playing down the spencers, they scare me silly, hurry up france, theres a war awaiting!
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

that was a fun battle, one of those when the moral starts even and you have to rely on the troops. If i had had more supply then I could have turned it. as it turned out, it was a bloody defeat, but I forced the US to call the troops away from New Orleans - so a strategic victory.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Grey Hunter, it's good to see this AAR back. Regarding your Vista problems with ALT-TABbing, I'm told that a program called "King Kong" lets one take multiple screenshots before having to paste them, so this might solve your problem. I believe it's freeware.
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

Thanks Gil, but either the windows vista updates or the new graphics drivers seem to have solved the problem to the point where I can continue - I've only had one problem so far, and all I needed to do to fix that was alt tab out and back again.

dammit, not sure what happened to the casualty figures there. must be more careful. national wills wrong as well.
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”