General's Biography

AGEod goes back to the Napoleonic era and delivers the most detailed and comprehensive strategy game ever created about a time of struggle and conquest that forged modern Europe.
mmccot

General's Biography

Post by mmccot »

Hello,

Do you know if the generals biography's pop -up when you hover over their portrait
in the info box? I always found that sort of interesting in their other games.

Thanks
OldSarge

RE: General's Biography

Post by OldSarge »

The short answer is no.

The longer answer is that WON supports leader bios, but the text hasn't been added to the setting file LocalStrings_NGC.csv.

You can add the bios to the file fairly easily. First locate the model file for the leader whose bio you wish to add. It is a text file so you can open it in your favorite text editor. Locate the line that starts with 'Text =' and it should read something like:

Code: Select all

Text = $mdl_txt_FRA_Napoleon4

After making a good backup, open the LocalStrings_NGC.csv file in your favorite and add the name that you found in the model file after the $. The following is an example of adding a bio for Napoleon, I've shortened it for clarity.

Code: Select all

// The template is
 //Source ID;English;French;Spanish;German;Russian;Italian;
 mdl_txt_FRA_Napoleon4;This is young Napoleon's bio§For use in earlier scenarios;;;;;;;;
 mdl_txt_FRA_Napoleon4Old;This is old Napoleon's bio§For use in later scenarios;;;;;;;;

Then, locate the file Models.Cached in the Models folder and delete or rename. Don't worry, it'll get rebuilt when you load WON. If you don't rebuild it you'll probably see something like (..) when you move the cursor over the leaders picture.

Did I mention to make sure you have a good backup before you alter these files? [:D]

HTH
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”