Victory by points results always in a stalemate.

The greatest historical strategy game about Napoleon's Campaigns is here!

Napoleon's Campaigns is a realistic simulation of the campaigns fought by the renowned French emperor between 1805 and 1815. In addition to reliving these landmarks of operational maneuver across Europe, the game also includes the Peninsula War (1808-1814) and even a what-if scenario where Napoleon invades England (1805).

Each scenario presents a unique and interesting challenge!
Wartath

Victory by points results always in a stalemate.

Post by Wartath »

Is this bug still in effect? I have been playing couple of campaigns, and even though I win by points, I always get the stalemate result. When I played short Poland-campaign, and won it over 500 points, I still got stalemate.

The only indicator of a victory was a tiny message in the log "Victory by points".

Here's a picture of a similar incident:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.p ... -condition

This was reported back in 2009, but it seems that the bug exists even today.

My NPC version is 1.10b with all available fixes.
BohémondAJE

RE: Victory by points results always in a stalemate.

Post by BohémondAJE »

Victory at NCP is based on National Morale Score.

Regards

Wartath

RE: Victory by points results always in a stalemate.

Post by Wartath »

ORIGINAL: BohémondAJE
Victory at NCP is based on National Morale Score.

That is only true for scenarios, that have the "sudden death" option on by definition. But not all the scenarios have it on, and then victory is defined by victory points.

I played the long version of the Polish campaign, and enemy's morale went as low as 26. The sudden death is not on in that scenario, so the game went full distance (and I got the Stalemate result). If it would have been on, then I would have grabbed a victory.

Is this a bug in this game? The message log still says "Victory by points", but the last picture is of stalemate. From that I can tell I won, but it would be nice to get a rewarding "Victory!"-picture after a long campaign. [:D]

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”