AI Cheats and other stuff

Step back to the age of Napoleon and travel in the footsteps of this military genius! Napoleon in Italy is a hex based strategy game that includes both the strategic level of movement and logistics combined with playable tactical battles.
Hobo55

AI Cheats and other stuff

Post by Hobo55 »

I have installed the latest patch prior beginning the full campaign. After Piedmount surrender the first significant battle was with 5 Austrian Generals (or officers) with roughly 30, 000 troops, and 90+cannon. My French forces were significantly less. Good strategy and a very long battle resulted in a win. However the AI cheats were awful.

1. Calv. units of Austria are able to charge through the middle of any other units both French and Austrian to reach their target and still use muliple attacks. French have to go around and use too much movement to be effective.

2. Austrian units move further and still able to attack then French. Sometimes move fire and move and incredibly fire again.

I eventually overcame most of these and attempted to draw the battle to a close. French side received no reinforcements but Austrian received I think close to 5 or 6. Units went off in retreat mode and almost came right back on again full of vim and vigor. I used most of my forces surronding one at a time the Austrian Officers and by using 7 units was able to trap them and shoot sufficient rounds to wound the officer so he disappeared. The odd time I pulled in two cannons while the troops held him trapped. I removed three officers this way. and the rest of the time moved all forces to where the Austrians continued to reinforce. I juggled the morale giving the Austrians a 'white' level so presume less than 50% yet they still were awful hard to defeat. Beaulieu the Austrian General ran around avoiding my attempts to trap him and seemed to motivate two remaining units of roughly 1200 men against my 18,000. Oh, well its just a game.

Final point When Piedmount (spelling) surrender would one not get at least obtain their cannons? Not realistic. Also after the big battle not a single captured weapon???? Not realistic.
Hobo5
HussarGames

RE: AI Cheats and other stuff

Post by HussarGames »

Difficulty level? In General level the AI DOES cheat.

1. Can you provide a save before such an event is occuring? (A save where you load it, hit end turn and the described event happens.) This may be a bug.
Hobo55

Post by Hobo55 »

Hello Husser Games:
I posted this last February. I have since upgraded to a Vista64 in June. The game stopped working then and even with much advice still does not work. Thanks for your November 20 offer of help. I was wondering if anyone was checking the posts. Unfortunately at my age I barely recall the game but its nice to know that the A1 does cheat. Once you you know something or someone cheats you can defeat them with strategy taking into consideration what they ot it will likely do.
Again thanks, possibly someone else having the same trouble will respond.
Hobo5
HussarGames

Post by HussarGames »

I am sorry for the late response, the thing is we are no longer making games for a living.

Currently I am between jobs, so I am catching up with a lot of things, including a patch for NII.
WallysWorld

Post by WallysWorld »

HussarGames,

So there might not be any new games coming from you?

Good luck in your job hunt.
Hobo55

Post by Hobo55 »

Looking foreword to your patch. Good luck in the job hunting. This must be a pretty rough time to be looking.
Hobo5
HussarGames

Post by HussarGames »

We are just releasing a new game in Hungary, see the other thread: Napoleon in...
I am hoping to release it in other languages.

Job: I work as a freelancer consultant so being between jobs is pretty common.
jeffreysutro@jeffreysutro.com

Post by jeffreysutro@jeffreysutro.com »

ORIGINAL: HussarGames

We are just releasing a new game in Hungary, see the other thread: Napoleon in...
I am hoping to release it in other languages.

Job: I work as a freelancer consultant so being between jobs is pretty common.

[font="Times New Roman"]Hussar:
I am sorry to hear that you are between jobs. Perhaps at some point there will be enough income from the games that you can devote yourself exclusively to game design. However, I suspect that this is not extremely likely, since wargame design is probably not not a very high profit business given the relatively small number of wargamers and the large number of wargames that are available. In any case, I thank you for your excellent games. They have given me a lot of enjoyment, and I hope that you can reach an agreement with the Hungarian government for the English language release of your new game. I will almost certainly purchase it if you do.
[/font]
All My Best,

Jeff Sutro

Return to “Napoleon in Italy”