Pbem109 - Do you hear the people sing?!

Post here to record and share your greatest victories and worst defeats with other players.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

terje439

RE: Do you hear the people sing?!

Post by terje439 »

Preussia lost everything by a few of her own moves;
1. Backstabbing me early on to allow Spain to defeat me
2. Not maintaining her alliance with Austria and Spain

She needed allies but #1 ment that she could not turn to me and #2 ment that she was forced to ally with Britain, Russia, Sweden or the Ottoman Empire.
Of these, Sweden and Britain cannot really put alot of punch on the mainland, and the Ottoman Empire is a beast which also holds the support of France...

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
terje439

Post by terje439 »

The End

Due to people dropping out and computer issues this game has come to a halt. Which means I ended in 4th place and not the 3rd I would have gotten if we played it out .

So, what stands out from this game?
1. The death (ig!!) of King Mus of England, that ment that the treaties made with Britain fell short (and this AFTER I agreed to DoW The Netherlands so that Britain could destroy her fleet. Had I known there would be a change of ruler and change of diplomatic standings I would have prefered to gain The Netherlands as a protectorate together with her fleet).

2. Being refered to as agressive and a warmonger [:D] This after honoring my alliances and DoW'ing the enemies of my allies...

3. Being the target of a sneak attack (from Spain) and a stab in the back (from Preussia) when I was about to knock Spain out, costing me the war. Which leads us to #4.

4. Losing the southern provinces. This REALLY hurt me, not only did I lose a substantial part of my food income, but I also lost alot of glory from this.

5. The return climb into top 4. This was largely due to help/support/alliance with the Ottoman Empire. Things looked pretty bad for some time, but then I realized that I still had a somewhat working economy and 600.000 men under arms.

6. The indecision about sneak attacking Britain towards the end. This would likely have occured if the British were not keeping the Royal Navy in the Channel at all times. However I was building a fleet capable of giving the British a tough fight.

7. Being allied with Britain, doing the hard work, fighting the wars, not getting much help, and then just being ignored when what I said did not suit the British.

All in all, I have had a great time with this game. Too bad it did not go to the end (espesially since I would then have gained 3rd place and not 4th [;)]).
I would strongly recommend playing a pbem game to all those who are thinking about it.
And thanks to the readers and posters in this thread. [&o]

Terje

Graymane

Post by Graymane »

Really great job on this AAR Terje. Very impressive. I hope you guys decide to play another.
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Thank you.
And I am allready playing two more and will probably start a third in a month or so.
Will see what I can do about another AAR from that one, but one AAR at a time seems to be my limit inbetween all my pbem games.

Terje

06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

France would have made at least 3rd place. If GB was being led by a less capable King, France could have gone even higher. It's too bad we could not finish this game-there were still a challenge, or two, left.

If we suddenly have a replacement player appear and the merging can be done, then maybe we can pick this up again. Realistically, that does not seem likely. We have been moving very slow since the end of last year.

I have been following your AAR for months-as we were allies-seemed ok. Now I can go back and read your whole AAR-looking forward to it.

Viva la France!
Selim 06
Sultan
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

terje439

Post by terje439 »

Well we even agreed that it was ok to follow eachother AARs so no issues with that [:)]
Yup, even by doing nothing I would have taken 3rd place as long as I did not lose a war and Sweden won one.

Terje

Return to “After Action Reports”