A rather large, happy, clean shaved Austrian's attempt for European Supremacy.

Post here to record and share your greatest victories and worst defeats with other players.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

terje439

RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attempt for European Supremacy.

Post by terje439 »

Turn 45

Meeting room, Royal Palace, Vienna

War Minister: Sire, Sire! The French declared Total War on us!
The King: The scoundrels. Keep our armies in Vienna for the time being, let them lose men while they march on our positions!
War Minister: Yes Sire!
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
aprezto

RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attempt for European Supremacy.

Post by aprezto »

Ha! Well there you go. I posted a question as to whether anyone used Total War. It seems you do if you are France and you are your opponent.

There are some benefits to being the target of total war (I take it he did this to stop you automatically surrendering). I will be interested to see how these affect your defence.

Image courtesy of Divepac
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Turn 46

Meeting room, Royal Palace, Vienna

The King: Has production been altered to produce more food and luxuries?
Minister of internal affairs: Yes Sire. We now barely make enough food to feed our population, we still do not produce enough luxuries to make the people happy though.
The King: Let us move our armies to Styria. We will try to tackle the French armies one at a time!
War Minister: Yes Sire!

Attachments
CoGEE.jpg
CoGEE.jpg (242.1 KiB) Viewed 181 times

terje439

Post by terje439 »

Turn 47

The Austrian generals all cheer when they recieve their new orders. After all, the only way to gain that extra star is during war.

PS! Does anyone see the one thing that might suggest that I will have a hard time winning this battle?

Look at my National Morale [X(]
Attachments
CoGEE.jpg
CoGEE.jpg (239.4 KiB) Viewed 181 times

aprezto

Post by aprezto »

And reinforcement armies from adjacent provinces??

terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: aprezto

And reinforcement armies from adjacent provinces??

Those are not armies. Those are smaller units (only reported as one division in Carniola), and I bring close to 350.000 men into battle, so his reinforcements are not too scary.
My NM however...That will hurt my morale during the battle.

aprezto

Post by aprezto »

Still, if you do win you'll get a reasonable NM boost. Why is your NM plummeting like it is? It's dropped ~300 between screen shots!

terje439

Post by terje439 »

Still, if you do win you'll get a reasonable NM boost. Why is your NM plummeting like it is? It's dropped ~300 between screen shots!

Lets see, lack of food, lack of luxuries, one city captured by the French, altering of the Feudal settings will do that to you [;)]

Terje

terje439

Post by terje439 »

Turn 48

Royal Palace, Red-carrier pidgeon room

The King looks up as a red pidgeon arrives with a note attached to its foot. The King realises that this is from the front, probably a report by one of his generals. He slowly reaches out and grabs the note, pauses for a second and then reads the note.
After a while he stands up, grabs a bottle of beer, downs it in one gulp.

Then he starts singing and dancing. Well if anyone not biased had been present they would hardly accept it as singing, nor as dancing, but to The King himself he is a superb performer.

Attachments
CoGEE.jpg
CoGEE.jpg (180.68 KiB) Viewed 181 times

terje439

Post by terje439 »

Turn 49

Royal Palace, Red-carrier pidgeon room

The King looks up as another pidgeon arrives, this one looks in poor shape though. Its feathers are all ruffled up, it is dirty and its flight pattern is irradically. Something looks wrong.
The King reads the attached note, drops it as he swears and leaves the room in search for something more heavy to drink than his beer.

Royal Palace, Red-carrier pidgeon room, Pidgeon Sauerkraut's head

The same event keeps playing in Sauerkraut's head. An event that took place the day before.
At first the familiar sounds of men fighting eachother, the sights, the smells.
Then another smell comes into being, it smells just like when Sauerkraut sees a falcon in her path. It is fear.
As the generals arrive at her cage, a note is allready prepared, but the generals look different. They look tired, they are dirty. Something is definitively off.
As Sauerkraut is sent away, she circles the Austrian armies before heading for Vienna, as she looks down she sees that alot of men are missing. It seems like....They lost a battle?!

Attachments
CoGEE.jpg
CoGEE.jpg (254.49 KiB) Viewed 181 times

aprezto

Post by aprezto »

Arggghhhh - was starting to wonder whether maybe you had pulled this off... Too soon I see.

terje439

Post by terje439 »

Well, things are not as bad as they look. If France is nto careful his supply lines will be cut. I managed to send an army to retake a previously captured province (do not recall the name, but on the Salzburg border), and that fortress now holds two guerilla units. If he leaves his supply center unguarded I will sneak one out and break his line. If that fails I will keep marching east, I need to buy time. 10 months before Preussia and Britain comes swinging their swords and guns.

aprezto

Post by aprezto »

Is this not handing the game to Prussia though? Haven't used a guerilla unit in an AI or otherwise game yet. Are they any good in instant combat? I suppose, if all they have to do is capture an undefended depot, then they don't really need to be any good at fighting.

terje439

Post by terje439 »

Is this not handing the game to Prussia though? Haven't used a guerilla unit in an AI or otherwise game yet. Are they any good in instant combat? I suppose, if all they have to do is capture an undefended depot, then they don't really need to be any good at fighting.

Actually Britain has decided long ago that Preussia is to win this game. A Preussia with continious income guarranteed by Britain cannot be challenged if she manages to get alot of protectorates as in this game.
Add the fact that I am seen as the great big bully behind France, and the situation is quite locked.

Guerillas are very good in sieges it seems as you need only 1 guerilla to every 3 normal infantry, and they are a pain to kill. They tend to manage to retreat. I will however only use them to cut supplies, not to fight.

terje439

Post by terje439 »

Turn 50

After another defeat in battle, The King realises that he needs to take control and tell the generals what to do. It better be something the French does not expect.
The only bright light is that the diplomatic Corps managed to persuade Venezia to break free of the French tyranny.
In the evening a pidgeon is seen leaving the Royal Palace and heading towards the front.

Attachments
CoGEE.jpg
CoGEE.jpg (259.01 KiB) Viewed 178 times

aprezto

Post by aprezto »

And what is with the giant Prussian army in Vienna?

terje439

Post by terje439 »

They are preparing for an attack on Turkey. Some turns back Turkey issued a DoW on Preussia (actually just for laughs I think...It backfired), and Preussia and Britain approached me mainly to get access to Turkey through my lands.

I am all too happy with that deal as I knew another war with France was bound to come, and if Turkey was occupied with fighting Britain and Preussia I would not have to worry about her.

Terje

terje439

Post by terje439 »

Turn 51

Even the Kings planning helps, the Austrian armies are too slow to move, and the French armies anticipated their moves atleast to some extent. The King orders his armies to march for Pressburg to rest up and get organised.

Attachments
CoGEE.jpg
CoGEE.jpg (172.73 KiB) Viewed 180 times

terje439

Post by terje439 »

Turn 52

The King reads a note delivered by a Turkish emmissary and wishes he had a bottomless pit like the old King of Sparta...

Attachments
CoGEE.jpg
CoGEE.jpg (169.91 KiB) Viewed 180 times

terje439

Post by terje439 »

Turn 53

The people in Vienna stares out their windows, a huge army is marching in a SE direction past the city. Are these the French occupation forces? When it becomes clear that the troops are Preussian allies on their way to fight the Turks, a cheer breaks out.

Attachments
CoGEE.jpg
CoGEE.jpg (221.25 KiB) Viewed 180 times

Return to “After Action Reports”