GoingAgain1792II

Post here to seek opponents for multiplayer match-ups.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

DaveConn

RE: Going Again 2 turns

Post by DaveConn »

Just sent out 160!
DaveConn

Post by DaveConn »

Turn 162 is out.
DaveConn

Post by DaveConn »

Just sent out 163!
DaveConn

Post by DaveConn »

Turn 164 is out.
DaveConn

Am I cheating?

Post by DaveConn »

As the players in our game know, one of the conditions imposed upon me (Spain) after our recent surrender to Austria was a reduction in Spanish military readiness to 50%. As I have fiddled with the game during my turns, though, I have found that I can actually adjust the "target" military readiness. At the beginning of my turn, it is always reset to 50%; but I can move it up (to 100% for example), and it seems that the game takes that change and begins adjusting my readiness upwards. At the beginning of my next turn, the target will be reset to 50%; but if I move the target up again, it seems to continue to adjust my readiness upwards.

I don't know if this is WAD, or if I am actually "cheating" the system; and I don't know if there are any disadvantages to what I am doing. I wanted to get the thoughts of more experienced players: am I cheating?

Thanks for any feedback.

--Dave
montesaurus

RE: Am I cheating?

Post by montesaurus »

I see no problem resetting it unless your army size is increasing with the change. I feel one should honor the treaty requirements.
If there is no increase in your army size by resetting then go ahead and reset it! That way you won't forget to reset it when the treaty expires!
montesaurus
French Player in Going Again II 1792
evwalt

Post by evwalt »

Actually, I don't think you are doing anything one way or the other.  At the beginning of the turn, your readiness is dropped to 50% and any excess forces are lost.  You then adjust the number up but there is no affect this turn because replacements have already been distributed.  Next turn, the number automatically drops again to 50%.

I did wonder why the game kept reporting your readiness dropping to 50%. 
Russia in "Going Again II"
France in "Quest for Glory"
Prussia in "Invitational"
DaveConn

Post by DaveConn »

Except the "target" readiness drops to 50%, but the "actual" (as shown by the green bar) remains above 50% and actually seems to be increasing (at least if I am interpreting the information correctly).

After some more thought, I do think I should stop doing the adjustment and just let my readiness drop.
montesaurus

Post by montesaurus »

For all who follow the COGEE Napoleonic Forum, Going Again II is still forging ahead, albeit more slowly!  We are up to turn 199, with only 74 more turns to go in our campaign!  I'm playing France and have been on a roller coaster since a dow on Prussia a few game years ago. At one point France was at war with Pr, GB, Au, and RU by herself!  At our lowest point our national morale had gotten down to -748!(-750 there begins a chance to surrender).  But now our morale has again risen, due to victories to the +900's(1000 is max)! In addition our allies SP and TU are now back involved in the war.  SP against AU, and TU against AU and RU. 

For those of you who have never played Multi Player games you are missing a grand experience!!!  The glory and diplomacy of the Napoleonic period is what makes this game so intriguing!  COGEE has some problems with how it plays, and some bugs,  but with the house rules we've been using  the game is very enjoyable, and playable! As long as you have a committed group of players who don't get discouraged when things don't go their way!  If you have a small ego, don't bother with this game! You'll just ruin it for the others when you get discouraged!

I used to hope we would get an update on the bugs/problems. But, now I've decided I'm happy with the game the way it is in regards to how well our house rules work! I'm afraid if they come out with another update a whole new set of problems could arise or unbalance a good game!

It's been awhile since I'ved posted in this forum, but I will try to put in updates to the game periodically, just so people know that there are still a dedicated group of gamers out there who are very much enjoying this game!

Best Regards,

Montesaurus

montesaurus
French Player in Going Again II 1792

Return to “Opponents Wanted”