Same port issue for Azov in Don Cossack proince

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

gottagofish

Same port issue for Azov in Don Cossack proince

Post by gottagofish »

While checking for the reason Cardiff wasn't allowing ships to move in and out, on the CIG2Citycoord.txt file I noticed the same issue for Azov, in lower Russia. The province screen shows docks as a development area, but there is no port anchor symbol on the map. I am not sure which is the correct fix, add the sea zone to the file or drop the docks as a development.

I question this as the map graphics show Azov as mot having access to the Black Sea, more of a lake. I'm not sure if the intent is that the docks should have access to the Black Sea or the docks should not be there.

Any thoughts out there?
lucr41

RE: Same port issue for Azov in Don Cossack proince

Post by lucr41 »

I tried to move a merchant from the Black Sea to the Sea of Azov, and was unable. It appears there is no connection between the 2 seas in COGEE, which would render Azov of little value as a port.

In reality, the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov are linked through the Kerch Strait. I would think the strait was navigable in Napoleonic times.

It seems there are maybe 2 problems here. Azov is missing its port and the Sea of Azov has no access to the Black Sea.
gottagofish

Post by gottagofish »

In case anyone needs it, the Azov city number is 264. I'm thinking of removing the docks by changing the type to "8", which seems to be not-harbored provinces. That would need to be done in the COG2Start.txt file.
lucr41

Post by lucr41 »

I looked at the COG2Provinces.txt file and noticed there is no entry for the Sea of Azov. Therefore the docks in Azov (Don Cossack) can have no sea access. As far as I can see, their only use would be to generate Naval Experience.

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”