Considering getting this game have some questions

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Plow565

Considering getting this game have some questions

Post by Plow565 »

I am interested in possibly buying this game and getting some of my friends to buy, the question I have is. is it possible to do the campaign turns via email and the battles live. Our plan would be to play campaign turns at our leisure and then if there were any battles the relevant players could arrange a time to meet and resolve them directly. Otherwise just playing every single battle turn by email would probably take forever.

Thanks!
lucr41

RE: Considering getting this game have some questions

Post by lucr41 »

Hi,

I have never played this game by PBEM, but the PBEM section of the game manual states: "Due to the nature of PBEM file structures, there are several differences between PBEM games and local or networked games. All battles are resolved instantly."

So, I guess "Detailed Combat" is only available when playing solo, or by LAN.

The PBEM section also states: "The “Historical Events” feature is turned off for PBEM play."

So, no Historical Events, either.

This being said, don't let this discourage you. This game is very detailed and very much worth the purchase.

If you wish more information on PBEM play, please PM me and I can put you in contact with some players that have many years experience with PBEM play.

Regards,
Plow565

Post by Plow565 »

Thanks for the clarification! can I follow up: Is it possible for just some of the people in the the game to log on to the Lan game at an given time, or does everyone need to be logged in? It doesn't make sense for 4 players to be sitting around twiddling their thumbs while 2 players duke out a tactical battle. Ideally we'd be able to log in, resolve the battle, save it, and log out and then pick the campaign game back up.

Thanks
Plow565

Post by Plow565 »

Does anyone know?

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”