Wot's happened to your PBEM AAR's?

Post reports of your triumphs and defeats here for others to read and comment on.
Grand_Armee

Wot's happened to your PBEM AAR's?

Post by Grand_Armee »

I see the ones that have started...but nothing new for sometime. Bogged down in waiting for a turn via e-mail?
MarcelJV

RE: Wot's happened to your PBEM AAR's?

Post by MarcelJV »

The two I am in have basically stopped. Mostly we are all waiting for the next patch. I hope to get another one started once the patch is out.

I would like to get a Online game going as well on a regular night maybe once a week.
Grand_Armee

Post by Grand_Armee »

ORIGINAL: MarcelJV

I would like to get a Online game going as well on a regular night maybe once a week.

This game has too much going for PBEM, IMHO. I'm hoping to get some online gaming going, too. But, being way down here in the land of Crocs and Kangaroos, I wonder how easy it'll be meshing time schedules.
Ralegh

Post by Ralegh »

I'm an aussie too - it wont be hard to get a game going
HTH
Steve/Ralegh
Grand_Armee

Post by Grand_Armee »

Well, g'day cobber! Sorry...I'm not an Aussie. Will apply for citizenship eventually. I'm just a septic failing to hold his original accent...so my family tells me over the phone. Hey mate, nobody has spoken of the ability for TCP/IP play with us people still using dialup. You know anything about that? I'll be moving early-mid next year and I'm not keen on making big changes to this here rental property.
TexHorns

Post by TexHorns »

I think part of the problem is how the PBEM game is set up to work. Instead of passing a file from player to player, wouldn't it work better if each player played their turn and then sent the turn to the player running the game for download. Then the turn is processed and a new turn file is sent out to everyone. THe big problem I see with PBEM is resolving the battles. From the posts I've seen the PBEM seems to progress at a turtles pace.

I would like the online also, but trying to carve out playing time on a regular basis is a daunting challenge with three kids and a full-time job. Besides most of my playing time occurs after the kiddos are tucked in bed after 9pm CST. But if that time fits anyone else's schedule count me in.
We're gonna dance with who brung us.
O.O. Howard

Post by O.O. Howard »

so people are playing live over the internet? where are we meeting to do this?
Viva Carlotta!
TexHorns

Post by TexHorns »

right here. still too many problems being reported for me to spend the time doing online play.
We're gonna dance with who brung us.
Grand_Armee

Post by Grand_Armee »

I've been playing online for a while, and I don't think there are too many problems. Hell, anything beats playing the AI time and again. So far, the only real problems I've noticed are diplomats not changing their actions or reinforcing in detailed battle.

Return to “After Action Report”