Surrender

Post reports of your triumphs and defeats here for others to read and comment on.
montesaurus

Surrender

Post by montesaurus »

I'm in the process of learning COG and have just had Austria surrender to me. I keep getting a message above my blue bar saying I need to negotiate Austria's surrender terms to me. I'm having trouble figuring this out. Can someone walk me through the steps and screens to accomplish this? Thanks
Montesaurus
montesaurus
French Player in Going Again II 1792
Balthazar Gerards

RE: Surrender

Post by Balthazar Gerards »

Go to "Diplomacy" screen --> "make new treatie" --> on the left you see all kinda options; it's at the bottom ("terms of surrender" if i remember correctly)
Hard Sarge

RE: Surrender

Post by Hard Sarge »

right
go to the diplo screen
click on make new treaty
click on the one at the bottom left
it will pop up on the main screen, then click on the shaded area for the country to be sending the treaty to (which in this case, Aus will show up, click on that and the treaty is ready to be made)

there are choices to the side, Cede Province, payment, just like making a normal treaty

but you have a point total, based on how well the war went, and they have to agree to what you ask, as long as you keep it under or at the total (was abug, now fixed, that would let you go over that total, now if you are over, the ok button does not work)

say you get 4500 points to deal with, you ask for a province that you did not control during the war, it is worth say 2250-2500 points (think it is 1000 if you took it)

so click on cede province, click on country that is giving up the province, then click on province in the same line, and it will bring up a mini map, click on any of that countries provinces and it will tell the name of the province in the crosshair then click okay
then click on the country to get the province (you)

bottom of screen, the numbers should now change to something like 2250/4500

if you come up a little short, don't worry, the program will figure out what extra money the defeated side still owes you

it is easier to do, then to try to explain it

play around and try to make a couple of treaties, grant or ask for free passage, or to use supply dumps, once you feel you can use the treaty page, it is real easy to get used to making surrender terms

(you can't take there Cap Province)

hope that helps

HARD_Sarge

Return to “After Action Report”