Detailed Comabt Loss of Control

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
morganbj

Detailed Comabt Loss of Control

Post by morganbj »

In a long game, 1807 of a game started in 1792, I have suddenly lsot control of my units in detailed combat. As soon as the screen opens, my troops are moving under AI control. Very annoying as the AI is terribly inefficient at fighting itself.

I reloaded my last save and tried the turn again, twice -- same result.

I do not know if there is a way to turn over contol to the AI except by pushing the "get it over quickly" button, which I know I didn't press three times in a row.

I'm confounded.

I have the save files if you want to see them.
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
ericbabe

RE: Detailed Comabt Loss of Control

Post by ericbabe »

Did you hit the 'q' key and then 'return' by accident?
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

Anything is possible, but this happened on several battles in a row.  So, if that sequence is a toggle that is saved when I save the game, then I guess it's possible.

But if it affects only the current game, then no.

I saved the game, went back into it and had the same problem.  I hunted around and found the "Tactical Expert" toggle was on, but I KNOW I dodn't set that unless that was the default (I never checked for that.)

In all the years I've played COG I've never seen this behavior.

Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
ahargrave34

Post by ahargrave34 »

I have started having the same problem with France in 1796.  Going along fine, then all of a sudden the AI takes over my units.  Battle ends, about 10 turns go by without another detailed battle....Then it happens again...
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Just happened to me as well.
Playing France, 1792 scenario, current year 1807. Up till now there has been no issues, but now I am unable to chose detailed abttle, as the PC plays both sides there.
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Do you have the tactical advisor turned on?

Return to “Crown Of Glory Support”