I desire to Three sections of French Imperial guard

Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon, the player controls one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, wielding authority over his nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. It is a very thorough simulation of the entire Napoleonic Era - spanning from 1799 to 1820, from the dockyards in Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.

Moderators: Gil R., ericbabe

haksoo

I desire to Three sections of French Imperial guard

Post by haksoo »

hello, I writing initially in here.
My name is haksoo kim. I'm Korean(south).
but, I like napoleonic games.

I have crown of glory game. I played this game fun.
I will say certainly must reflect to a new game(cog EE).

Franch Imperial Guard must reflect three sections.
Old guard, Middle guard and Young guard are those.

In fact, Franch Imperial Guard being designated in three sections after 1810.

Crown of glory emperor edition game must reflect Franch Imperial Guard three section.

I want truly it.
hello, I'm Korean. but I like napoleonic games.
nice to meet you.
Mr. Z

RE: I desire to Three sections of French Imperial guard

Post by Mr. Z »

Hi Haksoo--thank you for writing us!

The new 1812 scenario will divide the Guard into historically-named corps and divisions. Only the Old Guard will be Guard units proper--i.e. will have Morale high enough to distinguish them from other units.

Other units (Middle and Young Guard) will be called "Young Guard" (if anything), but will otherwise act as normal infantry. As you may know, the Young Guard did not have the battle experience of the Old Guard, and by 1812 it had often become more of an honorary assignment.
haksoo

Post by haksoo »

hello, reply thanks.

and I am disappoint.

Young guard were active from 1813 plentifully.
Definitely, They are more extraordinary than line infantry.

Of course, Old guard are the greatest napoleon's army.
But, Their(Young guard, Middle guard) values are very high from napoleon's empire last moment.
They were seem to admirable bravery.

In fact, Old guard's combat performance ratio are low.

I thought that new game is possible application of Three French guard sections.
So, I'm very disapointing.
hello, I'm Korean. but I like napoleonic games.
nice to meet you.
Mr. Z

Post by Mr. Z »

It's really just the game mechanics.  

We have Infantry units, who have both a "Strength" and "Morale".  Morale helps determine how committed they are in battle. 

Very high-Morale units are called "Guard" units, and they are much less likely to lose Morale (and thus retreat, fall into disorder, etc.)  There are other game features that apply to Guard only.  These features were designed to model the behavior of the Old Guard.  They were not designed to model the behavior of the Middle or Young guard.

Having said that, we can still award somewhat higher Morale (and other special abilities, such as extra Discipline or Bravery) to units that were Young or Middle Guard.  We can even give those units the name "Middle Guard" or "Young Guard".  But in-game, they will still be represented by the unit figure that is called "Infantry", not the unit figure that is called "Guard".  Again, this is mostly just a game design issue. 

There are lots of unit features in COG:EE.  High Morale is one of them, and those units are the ones that are called "Guard", representing Old Guard.  For Middle or Young Guard, again, there are special abilities we can assign, such as Hardiness or Steadiness.  When the game is released, perhaps you will see what we mean.
MacDuff

Post by MacDuff »

ORIGINAL: ...Young guard were active from 1813 plentifully.
Definitely, They are more extraordinary than line infantry.

My take on the Young Guard of 1813 was that they represented those portions of Napoleon's army that could be considered reliable line infantry. Conscripts of the period (Maria Louises), which Napoleon hastily called up to fill out his army were brave, but somewhat less reliable (for battle field operations more like trained militia). I welcome any comment on this.

However, when all is said and done, it would be nice to see (or be able to name) units to represent of all the Napoleonic guard levels.
jkBluesman

Post by jkBluesman »

You may name units. But as Mr. Z wrote you may not change an infantry unit into a guard unit. If you desire to create a Young Guard, just build a guard unit and name it Young Guard.
"War is the field of chance."
Carl von Clausewitz
MacDuff

Post by MacDuff »

That seems fair.

Return to “Crown of Glory”