Disbanding Units!

Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon, the player controls one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, wielding authority over his nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. It is a very thorough simulation of the entire Napoleonic Era - spanning from 1799 to 1820, from the dockyards in Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

hueglin

Disbanding Units!

Post by hueglin »

I've just started playing this game and really like it. However, I am having a problem with units becoming understrength and disbanding without any warning - especially my artillery.

Is this corrected by raising the draft level?

Are there any other ways to avoid this situation?

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

Dave
ericbabe

RE: Disbanding Units!

Post by ericbabe »

No, if a unit's strength falls too low then it becomes disbanded.  Raising the draft level can help prevent units' strengths from becoming too low, but it doesn't stop the disbanding once the strength is too low.

We added the disband rule during beta testing.  Players thought it was too easy to recover from a crushing military defeat before we added this rule.
hueglin

Post by hueglin »

Thanks Eric.
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

Are you aware that you can transfer men between units? Its got to be from like to like eg regular artillery to regular artillery, light infantry to light infantry, although infantry/militia are treated as like. You do it using the military adviser screen. Select the unit you want to transfer from, put the cursor over the receiving unit and the word MEN should appear if transfer is possible. Click and a transfer box appears. This can be repeatedly used, with the incremental scale reducing, to allow for maximum transfer as required.
hueglin

Post by hueglin »

No I was not, great info Ironclad,

Thanks!
1LTRambo

Post by 1LTRambo »

This is why it is very important to protect your artillery and pay attention to individual unit strength. If you notice a particular infantry division has been taking excessive casualties, then move that one back and another fresh and fuller strength one forward.
Matthew T. Rambo
lordhoff

Post by lordhoff »

So, what happens to the disbanded strengths/ships/cannons? Do they go into a pool that is reflected as new units are created (a cadre that would increase strength and moral) or do they just disappear?
These biting remarks brought to you by Terry and his troops: Legio K IX, King Sarge II Commanding
Bonaparte78

Post by Bonaparte78 »

Hi to everyone[:)]! My name is Alessandro and I'm from Rome (Italy). I'm quite new to Crown of Glory but this game is growing quickly in me. I have practically the same problem of hueglin: many depleted units after defeating Austria. Could be advantageous (in terms of upkeeping cost) to trade men from a depleted unit to another and to disband that division or is better to await for the draft (my draft size is currently 10...do you have any suggestions about it?) to refill each depleted units? How much time is needed for the draft to refill my divisions?
Thank you in advance!  
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Alessandro,
Are you new to "Crown of Glory," or the new "Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition" that came out in March? I ask because that has its own forum, and any questions you have are much more likely to be seen there. (Even if you're playing the old game, it's probably best to ask this sort of question there, for that reason.)

Glad to know you like the game!
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Bonaparte78

Post by Bonaparte78 »

Hi Gil[:)]!
I'm new to the original CoG (I'm playing this version right now) and I like it so much that I've bought the new CoG E.E. from the matrix-games store few days ago. I've already started posting on the CoG E.E. forum where I've found a lot of good explanations to understand this fabolous game better!

Return to “Crown of Glory”