Commander Napoleon At War 1805 Expanded Mod

Share mods, scenarios and other customizations here with other gamers.
Agathosdaimon

RE: Commander Napoleon At War 1805 Expanded Mod

Post by Agathosdaimon »

thanks, i didnt clear out that fold CNAW nasties - i think this trips me up often in that CNAW folders end up there that i forget and elsewhere even to be honest. One needs a program that can scan and clean a computer of wayward CNAW files i think!
Randalf Ravennaux

Post by Randalf Ravennaux »

Where can I get this and any other mod for this game?
No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child.
-J.Dobson
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

i need this again too as one of my hard drives died
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Hi, Guys new DropBox link for Mod.

Commander Napoleon At War Mod
Make it so!
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

THANKS![:)]
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

hi Kirk - i applied all th emod files and the 1813 scenario still only goes for 9 turns - what am i doing wrong here? tell me exactly the process you follow - are you starting with the 1.06 version of the game?
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

okay i have deleted every folder of CNAW i found and reinstalled and added the mod and now it is 51 turns ....but something i mentioned before, is still occurring - the science is broken and there also does not seem to be any upgrading ever offered - both these functions worked in the 1813 scenario pre-mod, but now with the mod, the science research does not progress ever, regardless of how many scientists one gets, - is this the case for all scenarios now?

is this a problem with the mod?
Uncle_Joe

Post by Uncle_Joe »

Hmmm, I can't even get the game to RUN anymore. I keep getting a Java Out of Memory error trying to load (even re-installed without mods).

Has anyone had that issue before and been able to resolve it? I miss playing this game and it seems like it's not broken for everyone so it must be something on my end.

I have Win7 and Java V8 build 144.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

i have had that java out of memory problem soooo many times! in the end i think what fixed it was that when i did an uninstall some CNAW folders were still hanging round caused problems with the new install

uninstall and check your app data and document folders - look for "commander napoleon at war" and "CNAW" folders - the cnaw folder was a strange one, in that it got created possibly from any earlier version of the game i think because i never appeared again on my computer following later installations.

also once you do a reinstall and start it, i know it can take a while for hte loading screen, but just wait - i thnk i got too impatient in the past and maybe closign the game while it was loading caused problems for future attempts to start it...just some thoughts, i honestly dont know exactly why i dont get the problem now, but i was having it happen every time in the past,
Uncle_Joe

Post by Uncle_Joe »

Thanks for the response. I deleted/renamed everything related to the game and did a fresh install. I was able to launch the base game, but once I updated to 1.06, it didn't launch anymore (same Out of Memory Java error).

Not sure what the problem is. It used to work on this same PC with no issue.
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

oh, well i dont know what else i cna suggest - have you tried any varieties of compatibility settings on the game exe - - i was aving the out of memory problem for ages, but it hasnt plagued me of late and i have windows 7 64bit pro also.

when i was having the out of memory issue i would close the game and restart it and sometimes i would have to do this quite a number of times,
Uncle_Joe

Post by Uncle_Joe »

Annnnnd now all of a sudden it works again...

I made no changes to my system or to the way I launch the game...just decided to fire it up again and it suddenly worked.

So, I figure I'll play it while I can. ;)
Uncle_Joe

Post by Uncle_Joe »

For anyone else having the same issue, I've narrowed it down to the number of open applications which interfere with CNAW working.

For example, if I close out Steam and any browsers, I typically don't have any problem running CNAW. Also, running it without music seems to help.
stumneale

Re: Commander Napoleon At War 1805 Expanded Mod

Post by stumneale »

Hi, I know this thread is old now, is there any chance I can get hold of the mod?

I have trawled the www and clicked on all links on this thread, but none work. Does anyone have a copy of the mod they are willing to share?

Also, was the mod any good (it certainly looked good!).

Cheers

Stuart
Uncle_Joe

Re: Commander Napoleon At War 1805 Expanded Mod

Post by Uncle_Joe »

Hello, I definitely don't have this base mod but I might have my evolution of it on my old PC. I'll see if I can find it and if so, I'll ping you for a way to send it. No guarantees as it's been years since I've actually played.

I did try and put it on my new PC last year but it looks and played dreadfully so I didn't bother to keep up with it.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”