A new age of war is coming, and Ageod is ready to bring it to you!

Ageod’s Wars of Succession is a new game designed to cover two major wars that consumed Europe at the eve of the 18th Century.
Daniele

A new age of war is coming, and Ageod is ready to bring it to you!

Post by Daniele »

Early XVIII° century. The Spanish Empire, the empire on which the sun never sets, is facing deadly menaces. Under the pressure of internal and external forces and mighty neighbours, he is losing the grip and the influence over Europe.

For decades numerous conflicts have drained massive resources without bringing any real advantage, worse, causing territorial losses, and now the last Habsburg King of Spain is dying without having a direct heir. His will names the grandson of France Louis XIV as heir, but the Austrian branch of the family is contesting it.

His death could trigger the first real global war in modern history.

To make the situation more complicated, the Polish, Eastern and Baltic regions are in turmoil, as the Tsardom of Russia now lead by Peter I Romanov (the Great) is forging an alliance to tear up the Swedish realm and to break its Dominum Maris Baltici.

But despite being numerically outnumbered, the young but military-gifted Swedish King Charles XII has at his service probably the best organized and modern army of the time, and he is not prone to surrender without a biting fight.

Europe once again is on the brink of a new era of conflicts. To whom will you swear your loyalty?

Ageod Games is proud to announce Wars of Successions, a new wargame covering the dreadful struggles Europe had to suffer in the first decades of the XVIII century.

Heavily focused in managing the military operations, in Wars of Successions you will coordinate the movements of several armies of many different great powers and their allies, take care of their supplies and fatigue and seek for the better conditions to engage combat, hold sieges or retreat to recover if needed.

Together, these features, combined with the proven Ageod engine make Wars of Successions a great choice to delight players interested in this era!

Stay tuned for further announcements about Wars of Succession! Check its product page here to see the latest updates and features!

[center]Image[/center]
ReinerAllen

RE: A new age of war is coming, and Ageod is ready to bring it to you!

Post by ReinerAllen »

This will be fantastic! An era not addressed in a computer wargame that I can recall.
ReinerAllen

Post by ReinerAllen »

I'm really intrigued by this one and wondering if you'll be able to include all of the political aspects which cause the Duke of Marlborough his stomach ulcer, e.g. refusal of the Dutch generals to engage in combat or the British Parliament,doing what congresses and parliaments do so nicely - intrigue.

Well, don't worry about doing all that. I've been looking for a game for this ear for a very long time.

Please include the Great Norther War.

Please tell the developers and designer they are gods among men for developing and producing this game.

Daniele

Post by Daniele »

Hi, don't worry! The Great Northern War is included and completely playable!
Marshal Villars

Post by Marshal Villars »

I would love to be involved as a play tester. Not too long ago, because of my repeated demonstration of my passion for the period and my knowledge of it, another Matrix affiliated company signed me up to do a 1683-1789 game modification of one of their Napoleonic titles (I just won't say who or when, but the Matrix people know about this and can easily figure it out I am sure). I did 1 year of non-stop, hard core research to understand the period which had previously been just a (kind of serious) hobby. I am sure I read most of -- but not ALL of -- 30-40 books on the period which covered the military, naval, political, religious, and economic changes of the time. Unfortunately, the project did not move ahead for various reasons.

I have hundreds of pages of notes which focus not only on the STATE of warfare, but more importantly on how warfare CHANGED and WHY. And what is surely the most complete database of fortresses of the period. How complete? When AGEOD's (my FAVOURITE historical game developer) came out with their Wars of Frederick the Great, I reviewed the accuracy of their fortresses locations. 60% to 75% of the fortresses of the period in Germany were missing. And many of them were SERIOUS fortresses -- including one that Marlboro called southern Germany's most difficult fortress to take, which he AVOIDED because of its reputation! Missing from the game completely.

When I was working to design my proposed 1683-1789 game, I decided I would not fall prey to the "Superstar Fortress" problem which most games fall into. The "Superstar Fortress" problem is that of course, when a major siege or battle happens near a fortress OF COURSE it gets reported on by historians and ends up in history books for game researchers to easily find. If there is no battle or siege or historical event, then of course no one mentions it. So, locating where all of these were is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT. I either found period drawings, sketches, databases, historical books, and more to put this list together so that players could write THEIR OWN HISTORY and not be bound by the one historical path that occurred to put "Superstar" fortresses in the history books. These games MUST have these fortresses to give an accurate representation of warfare of the period. That is just ONE area of this period which I spent so much effort on. Central Europe rippled with major fortresses. Most of them forgotten by time. I was stunned with the density of fortifications of 1700s Europe when I finally got done with my map.

Naval warfare was COMPLETELY different than games had represented it to be. And this was another awakening for me.

How can I sign up as a play tester/contributor?
Marshal Villars

Post by Marshal Villars »

For a sense of the epicness of this period and the importance of the battle of Blenheim, check out this video on YouTube... a documentary about the Blenheim campaign and battle. I have had the honour of being on this battlefield twice now and it is just an amazing piece of history and turning point in European politics. I also had a chance to go to see the site of the battle of the Schellenberg in Donauworth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OkTtKirZvE

Return to “Wars of Succession”