Chinese research meaningless?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
Jonathan Pollard

Chinese research meaningless?

Post by Jonathan Pollard »

China managed to get Dreyse Needle Gun and even the Gatling Gun researched by 1878, yet the only units I'm allowed to build use smoothbore muskets. I have a feeling that China is doomed to use smoothbore weapons until the game ends in 1920 no matter what techs it discovers. I believe it's already a known bug that China can't build screw corvettes when they get that tech.

Attachments
gating2.jpg
gating2.jpg (76.87 KiB) Viewed 257 times
vonRocko

RE: Chinese research meaningless?

Post by vonRocko »

China wasn't meant to be played. You seem to want to play countries that the game wasn't designed for.You should stick with the countries that have been playtested.[:)]
Jonathan Pollard

Actually, I think my units on the ground are indeed being upgraded. I have two-star native regulars that had attack and defense statistics of 15/17 at the 1850 start of the game now at 15/22. And I have reason to believe that a new infantry unit will become available circa 1911.
Jonathan Pollard

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

China wasn't meant to be played. You seem to want to play countries that the game wasn't designed for.
If China wasn't meant to be played, then why is an entire page (169) of the manual devoted to advice on how it should be played?
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Well I believe that they were going to make it a full playable country but, unfortunately, never got around to it.

Return to “Tech Support”