Couple of useful AARs

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.
loki100

Couple of useful AARs

Post by loki100 »

Again, just in case anyone new to the game is looking for help, here's a couple of AARs that will get you started. Should say they are not with the current version (the Prussian one is 1.2, the Austrian 1.4) so some things that worked or are discussed may well not apply. But they will give you a handle on the very different strengths and weaknesses of the two sides.

For a Prussian AAR, Learning from Prussia by Narwhal is indispensible (its on the paradox forum). For an Austrian AAR, my Mightiest Empires Fall is on both Paradox and AGEOD. The link is to the AGEOD forum that has none of the discussion with readers etc. Both were PBEM and Narwhal played Prussia in both.
ashandresash

RE: Couple of useful AARs

Post by ashandresash »

Those AARs are great, in some ways they should have brought quite a number of players to the game. Are you planning a new game? Whatever you choose, one of the new shorter scenarios (Silesian Wars), or the new multiplayer grand campaign would be great.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Yep, a game of great scope and some complexity. For students of the period, it must be heaven. I have the first version, but because I have no knowledge of the war, both SP and MP efforts did not click with me for too long.
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

I loved those AARs. Very interesting and eye opening.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon

Return to “The War Room”