Possible Bugs?

Hussar Games "For Liberty!" is a turn based game of the American Revolution and the Rakoczi Independence War. Command the armies of the newly born United States of America against Britain or the ill-equipped Hungarian rebels against mighty Austria. 1848 is a turn base game on the Hungarian rebellion against Austria in 1848-49.

Moderator: HussarGames

Mark Breed

Possible Bugs?

Post by Mark Breed »

I have a few issues that don't seem to be right.

(1) Cavalry unsuccessful in evading a non-cavalry force.

(2) Cannons not being included in the battle (two separate events, one very significant).

I do have the file copies for review. Where do I send them.

Regards,
Mark
HussarGames

RE: Possible Bugs?

Post by HussarGames »

1. You must set your cavalry to cautious / retreat to surely evade a non-cavalry force. Use these settings for recon.
2. Heavy cannons are very slow and they have little chance to participate in regular battles. They have increased chance to participate in or against fortified positions. Regular cannons will not participate in full force either and this is also affected by terrain and weather. Eg. Do not expect your artillery to show up if its raining and you are attacking in the mountains.
Mark Breed

Post by Mark Breed »

(1) My cavalry was/is set to cautious / retreat and is still being forced into battle.

(2) My cannon were part of a garrison in a fort when attacked.

Regards,
Mark
Mark Breed

Post by Mark Breed »

Another issue just came up. I had an American cavalry force of less than 500 men again set to cautious / retreat attacked by an army of 2,800 and 23 cannon. Instead of withdrawing it stayed and fought, which caused an adjoining American army of 3,000+ join the battle. Not only did the army join in, but the leader who was a higher rank and had better values did not assume command of the battle.

Regards,
Mark
Mark Breed

Post by Mark Breed »

It appears that supplies a fort generates will only feed the garrison. Is this correct? I say this because when I have a force show up at a fort, the supplies keep decreasing even though the fort is showing a stockpile of supplies. I have to transfer units to the garrison in order to get them fed.

Thank you for your support in these matters.

Regards,
Mark
kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

Another bug report: [X(]

I did note a "bug" on my British 1776 Oct Week I turn. Event interface indicated British New York reinforcements, but no new troops appeared on the map at New York! [:(] [&:]

Note - I had British units occupying New York... and have been in control of NY for almost 1 year!
Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein
Mark Breed

Post by Mark Breed »

And, I had a cavalry unit just surrender after being repeatedly attacked by infantry even thought it was set to retreat / cautious the entire time! Could it be the readiness level is over-riding the cavalry/infantry rule? If so, I think that this should be corrected. Tired horses can still outrun a man on foot.

Mark

Return to “For Liberty! & 1848”