Good Changes

Hussar Games "For Liberty!" is a turn based game of the American Revolution and the Rakoczi Independence War. Command the armies of the newly born United States of America against Britain or the ill-equipped Hungarian rebels against mighty Austria. 1848 is a turn base game on the Hungarian rebellion against Austria in 1848-49.

Moderator: HussarGames

Mark Breed

Good Changes

Post by Mark Breed »

See below.
Mark Breed

RE: Good Changes

Post by Mark Breed »

While playing the game again for the first time in two years, I have discovered that there have been positive changes. For example:

Under the old rules, a cavalry unit could not be attacked by a force without cavalry period. This meant that it was easy to hold a town by just sticking a cavalry unit in that town. The new rules allow attacks on cavalry units. The one caveat is that a cavalry unit set to retreat stance will automatically retreat unless it is attacked by other cavalry.

Also, under the old rules, in order to assault a fort that is undergarrisoned, the opposing side needed at least 3,000 men. The new rules remove this minimum assault force requirement, which when you realise that the old rule allowed a single artillery unit to stop up to 3,000 men seemed pretty ridiculous.

I assume that there are more changes that I either haven't come across yet or am just not able to document the impacts. So, thank you for update 1.82. [&o]

I plan on posting comments on any other things that I may come across in the future with the hopes that there will be continued support for this game.

Regards,
Mark

Return to “For Liberty! & 1848”