Matrix Plans - Support For Liberty?

Hussar Games "For Liberty!" is a turn based game of the American Revolution and the Rakoczi Independence War. Command the armies of the newly born United States of America against Britain or the ill-equipped Hungarian rebels against mighty Austria. 1848 is a turn base game on the Hungarian rebellion against Austria in 1848-49.

Moderator: HussarGames

kool_kat

Matrix Plans - Support For Liberty?

Post by kool_kat »

Sean and Matrix Team:

I sent you an email (a few weeks ago) asking about Matrix Games continued support and improvement of "For Liberty"... and while you did respond (thank you!) to my email... you never actually answered my question? [&:]

I believe it would make "good business sense" by stimulating / generating additional game purchases... and assure both current and potential players of this game... if a Matrix rep would post to this forum that Matrix will continue to develop and support For Liberty... for the forseeable future? [8D]

It might also "encourage" players to participate more in this forum?

Hopefully, a Matrix "answer" will be forthcoming? [&:]

Update (8/5/2010)
I just received an email from Sean (August 4th)... that the developer is on holiday... and will be unavailable for a couple weeks. Hopefully, when he returns... he will be able to provide answers? [&:]

Update (8/19/2010)
Still waiting for a reply from game developer. Hopefully soon? [&:]
Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein
DampSquib

RE: Matrix Plans - Support For Liberty?

Post by DampSquib »

Any news mwest...????
kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

ORIGINAL: DampSquib

Any news mwest...????

Unfortunately... no word from either Matrix Games or the developer... mum's the word? [:(]
Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein
kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

Gents:

I'm trying one more time to get in contact with the For Liberty developer.

I sent the following email to Sean Drummy today (10/18/2010) in the hopes that Sean would forward it to the developer.

"Hi Sean:

It has been two months since I both contacted you and posted an "open" letter to the For Liberty developer seeking clarification on continued support and development of this game.

I have received no reply to date.

This is frustrating for players of this historical period since For Liberty is one of the "better" Revolutionary War game titles on the market. I've also noted increased interest for this game on both the Matrix forums and game order url... presumably by new players.

It appears to me... that with a minimal of development support... and an assurance from the developer of continued support... additional revenue could be generated by this game title for Matrix... and the player base would grow. It would also go a long way to pacify the frustration and anger from the small, but devoted existing player base who would like to see improvements to For Liberty.

Would appreciate if you would either send me the developer's direct email or forward my email to him.

Thanks Sean!"

Update 10/18/2010

I did receive a response from Sean a few hours after sending my email. He forwarded my email to Bulcsu, the game developer and copied me on the email to Bulcsu too. Sean did caution that since Bulcsu was Hungarian and his English poor... plus Matrix had not worked with him in a while... it may take longer to receive a response.
Regards, - Mike

HussarGames

Post by HussarGames »

Hello,

Hussar Games still exists, but we are kind of hibernating. All the members work in other areas.
We are planning further games but we cannot finance them. Fortunately we are in discussion with a potential sponsor. Unfortunately the sponsor would finance games for the Hungarian market only. Publication of these games for the international market has not been discussed yet.

For Liberty!, 1848, and Napoleon in Italy are based on a very dated game engine. Yes, it works for some people on Vista and Windows 7, but does not work for many others. This means that we have to develop a new game engine for the next game. The new engine cannot be rolled back to the old one unfortunately as the new engine will be 3D and we will abandon the tactical battles.

Some minor patches are still possible for the old titles but we do not plan any major updates. If you have any requests, please post them and we will consider. If they make sense for our new game as well, then they MAY be implemented.

Regards,

Bulcsu Varhegyi
Lead Developer and Designer
kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

ORIGINAL: HussarGames

Hello,

Hussar Games still exists, but we are kind of hibernating. All the members work in other areas.
We are planning further games but we cannot finance them. Fortunately we are in discussion with a potential sponsor. Unfortunately the sponsor would finance games for the Hungarian market only. Publication of these games for the international market has not been discussed yet.

For Liberty!, 1848, and Napoleon in Italy are based on a very dated game engine. Yes, it works for some people on Vista and Windows 7, but does not work for many others. This means that we have to develop a new game engine for the next game. The new engine cannot be rolled back to the old one unfortunately as the new engine will be 3D and we will abandon the tactical battles.

Some minor patches are still possible for the old titles but we do not plan any major updates. If you have any requests, please post them and we will consider. If they make sense for our new game as well, then they MAY be implemented.

Regards,

Bulcsu Varhegyi
Lead Developer and Designer

Thank you for your response! [:)]

I'll work to post suggestions for "minor" improvements in your new thread.
Regards, - Mike

Return to “For Liberty! & 1848”