Question on the 1.82 Patch

Hussar Games "For Liberty!" is a turn based game of the American Revolution and the Rakoczi Independence War. Command the armies of the newly born United States of America against Britain or the ill-equipped Hungarian rebels against mighty Austria. 1848 is a turn base game on the Hungarian rebellion against Austria in 1848-49.

Moderator: HussarGames

lancer

Question on the 1.82 Patch

Post by lancer »

Goodaye,

I'm not sure if I'm talking to an empty forum here but I've fired up my game again with the new patch and I'm finding it a lot more enjoyable. A big improvement on an already good game.

Reading the patch notes I see the following
Realistic mode now has reduced supply by 25%

Is there somebody out there (in the darkness of space...) who can tell me exactly what the 25% reduction applies to? I can't see that it affects an armies requirements or the amount of supply available in any particular hex so I'm a little confused and looking for enlightenment.

Maybe I should light a few candles so I won't feel so lonely while I wait for an answer.

Seriously though, the patch is excellent and appreciated.

Cheers,
Lancer
mmccot

RE: Question on the 1.82 Patch

Post by mmccot »

Click any hex and the supply amount will be shown in the side bar, bottom right, and will let you know how much ammunition you will have when you switch to tactical battle (shots left). In general the more supply an area has the longer you can last in battle, keep an eye out here because you want to fall back with these guys when they get down to one shot, put them in column, and march them out while they still have movement left, and bring up some reserves.
I'm glad the patch works for you now I can install too.
From what I can guess the battles might be over sooner due to the reduction of supply, be interesting to see if it works for both sides.
lancer

Post by lancer »

Goodaye,

Ah-huh! A fellow traveller on this lonely board.

The area supply (click a hex) doesn't change (apart from the intial halving of all supply which is a big improvement). I was expecting the 'Realistic Mode' to reduce it a further 25% but not the case hence my original question. Towns still produce the same amount of supply under Realistic Mode as any other.

I wasn't aware that the hex determined the battle load out of ammo in tactical play. In my experience this has only been affected by a units current supply % and then only if it drops below 30%. I'll check again.

Yep, game works fine except I can't play it on Vista. Did what Hussar suggested and it worked for a little bit then stopped working totally. Tested it on two other Vista machines and same thing. Updated drivers etc, no difference. 32 bit Vista. Have to run it on my XP box.

Cheers,
Lancer
HussarGames

Post by HussarGames »

The intention was to reduce supply given by towns by a further 25% in realistic mode. I am going to check this and fix it in the next patch.

Return to “For Liberty! & 1848”